Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Blackford Oakes
  • 1 Post By Matt Meltzer
  • 3 Post By Michelle

Thread: Miami Beach 411 Forums Closing

Default Miami Beach 411 Forums Closing

Many years ago, I did a search looking for a boat rental in Miami and came across an article by Maria on MiamiBeach411.

Since then, I come to know many of you and some personaly. This site as been a great help for me any many others through the years.

I'd like to thank Gus & Michelle for the opportunity to partake in these forums last several years and their frienship and hospitality. It was one of my favorite sites. I'm going to miss it but I know most of us will be around.

I have some of your numbers, so that lifeline remains. If you want to contact me, I'm @blackfordoakes on Twitter and @instagram.

I'm saddened the site has to go but I totally understand.

Good Luck to MB411 and hoping everyone has a great 2017.
    moltobene and Matt Meltzer like this.

Default Re: Miami Beach 411

Yeah this was a great community and forged a lot of great relationships over the years. We've helped a lot of people, learned a lot, and even though we've all had our differences I think we all ultimately get along. I'll miss our little conversations here, and hopefully we can all stay in touch.
    Blackford Oakes likes this.

This has probably already been thought; Since today is the end of participating in these forums, raising topics of interest or more popular themes would be a good idea.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

What have I missed?

Hi everyone, we have decided to close the forums to concentrate on our sister company Miami Tour Company. You will still find us talking about Miami on our tours, and Gus and Michelle are still the owners. I'm not sure how Blackford knew to post this, but the forums will be closing shortly but will remain online for archive purposes. Thank you everyone for talking with us over the years!

Default Re: Miami Beach 411 Forums Closing

Thanks...this site and everyone on it was a valuable asset in helping me with my move decision..sorry to learn of its closing..best of luck to all!

Quote Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
    Thanks...this site and everyone on it was a valuable asset in helping me with my move decision..sorry to learn of its closing..best of luck to all!
    Its been a wonderful community of people & residents. I'm sure I helped a lot of people in the years avoid scams and find nice homes as well as make the transition a bit easier. I'm always here to help: 305.710.3422 or MMiddleton24@yahoo.com - My cell phone is always on!

Happy New Year!

I'm sorry we have been silent - Gus and I. It's not from lack of caring; Miami Beach 411 is our baby. We have a big load to carry operating Miami Tour Company.

10 1/2 years ago, the forums were started as a way for us to connect with people coming to visit, or move to, Miami. Since then, there has been a huge evolution in the internet; there are other ways to connect, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We realized with our tour company, we get to spend a fun day with the visitors and locals we used to talk to in the forums. It's a different way for us to connect.

When Gus and I discussed closing the forums, it was to new postings, but leaving up the forum itself so the information could still be useful. Matt and Jess have been amazing moderators all these years but we felt the forums have been full circle and it was time.

Since it was announced to a couple of you, the feedback has been bittersweet, and made me second guess our decision. At this moment, we will leave them open and will keep you posted on the next chapter.

Thank you all for bring part of our online family!

oxoxo
    Jess, Anders and Asunnysnowman like this.

Aw, such a shame!

I lurked on these forums for years before I ever posted.

I've gotten some very good info over the years here.

Good luck with the tour company!

Definitely a shame! This has been a great resource, especially since the information can change as fast as Miami itself, this has been an invaluable resource for those us looking for the most up-to-date info on moving there! When is it scheduled to close to new posts?

I'm sorry I found the site so late! I thoroughly enjoy reading and learning. I feel like this is a way for me to stay in touch with the MB/Miami culture while in Texas before we get there. I'll miss it dearly and am saddened that I wasn't able to contribute more.

Best of luck to you!

New User

Ahh, man. Looks like I stumbled across this gem of a resource too late

rk

Late to the party again, and very sorry to hear about the forums possibly closing. I have not been active here lately but the forums will be very much missed if that happens. Many thanks to Gus and Michelle for keeping it going so long, and the many regular posters here. I learnt a lot from all of you. A special nod to our late friend Fred, who always made it fun.

Wait, the forums are still working? I'm confused.