Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    New User

Default Wearing a thong bikini for the first time

My wife and I will be making our first trip to South Beach this year. She's brought up the idea of wearing a thong bikini for the first time. I was looking at getting her one, but am lost as to wear to look.

I've not had much luck online. The few places I've seen are a little to "revealing" for her first one. We just need something a little more basic.

Any thoughts?

Sorry if this is kind of lame! Thanks!

Cool Re: Swimwear...?

Quote Originally Posted by friscohorn View Post
    My wife and I will be making our first trip to South Beach this year. She's brought up the idea of wearing a thong bikini for the first time. I was looking at getting her one, but am lost as to wear to look.

I've not had much luck online. The few places I've seen are a little to "revealing" for her first one. We just need something a little more basic.

Any thoughts?

Sorry if this is kind of lame! Thanks!
    There is a link (one of the editors will find it) writen by christy on where to buy swimwear. But there are soooo many beachwear stores here, I suggest you see what typical here and what ur wife's comfortable with, then grab it down here.

Ahhhh here's christy's story:http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/in...s/bikini-shop/
    Last edited by fredgarvin; 11-01-2010 at 10:57 PM.

Janet has a lot of bikinis, ....no make that a TON of bikinis, so she can probably contribute here. I (Glenn) am typing, but am yacking back and forth with Janet, who is sitting close by and feeding me info.

First of all, it seems that thong swimwear had its peak about 5 years ago, and then started fading off in favor of low-rise, hip-huggers, and so-called "boy shorts". So, you will not see as many thongs now as you would've seen 5 years ago. But, they are still not that uncommon on South Beach. We did, however, notice a definite resurgence of them this year while at the Columbus Day boat party, as compared to last year. So, who knows...maybe thongs are on their way back again? They are tougher to find compared to 5 years ago. Main-stream swimwear companies like Venus Swimwear no longer carry them. They dropped them a couple years ago. Maybe they'll bring them back?

One company that makes them, and they are fairly inexpensive, is "Jelly" swimwear. Jelly brand tends to be solid colors, and more utilitarian....stuff you can actually wear in the water, or get chlorine on, and not worry about ruining it. One company that sells Jelly brand is American Bikini, found at
    www.americanbikinishop.com
    Jelly brand bikini thongs tend to be more conservative than the dental floss sold by Australian companies like Wicked Weasel.
    Wicked Weasel Bikinis - Micro Bikini Shop and Sexy G-String Contest

If your wife doesn't want a thong, there are some really nice Braziliam style bottoms (bigger than a thong, but smaller than typical mainstream American suit bottoms) made by manufacturers / designers such as Lisa Lozano and Salinas of Brazil. There are also some nice swimsuits by local Miami designer, Luli Fama
    Luli Fama Swimwear

Another nice one is the Colombian company called OndadeMar
    OndadeMar

Many of those suits can be found at Swimwear, Swimsuits, Bathing Suits, Designer Womens Swim Wear for Teens, Juniors including Salinas & Vix Swimwear , whch is a local South Beach distributor of various nice swimwear lines.

Janet is too modest to post her own swimsuit photos, but I (Glenn) might post up a few examples of her in these suits, much to her dismay.

Glenn and Janet
    Last edited by GandJ; 11-02-2010 at 03:05 AM.

I'll sneak a few bikini shots on here while Janet isn't looking
    I'll post several back shots to show how a Brazil cut bottom compares to a thong cut bottom. Your wife might find that the Brazil back is "daring enough", as even a Brazil back is more revealing than you see in most areas of the U.S. Or, she might like to go all the way down in size to a "micro-thong".

I'll post the Brazilians, then the thongs.

Salinas of Brazil

Salinas of Brazil low-rise with hand stitched sea shell pattern. (This one doesn't go in the water.....or so I'm told)

Lisa Lozano of Brazil

Luli Fama of Miami with ruched back (I had to learn what "ruched" meant.....some sort of stitching up the center bnack to make it gather in the middle)

Another ruched Luli Fama of Miami, but with floral pattern. (sorry about the extreme ass close-up, but it clearly shows the ruched stitching.

Same Luli Fama suit from front/side

(Continued)
    Last edited by GandJ; 11-02-2010 at 03:09 AM.

"Jelly" brand suit with Brazilian cut bottom

Jelly brand standard thong bottom (not string thong), and Luli Fama mesh top

Jelly brand suit with standard thong bottom from side view

Jelly brand suit with standard thong bottom. Front view.

Jelly brand standard thong bottom

Jelly brand "Micro-thong" bottom. (Front view only)

Here is a bottom from Wicked Weasel of Australia that is not dental floss (as opposed to most stuff from W.W.). It is a faux denim pattern. They have some pretty cool stuff at their site.

It might be a bit too Daisy Duke-ish for South Beach

Hope this helps.....and hope Janet doesn't kill me for posting these! She actually let me go ahead, but doesn't like the one sitting on the front of boat because she has a hat-head ring around her hair. LOL!

I don't know your wife's age, but don't let anyone discourage her from wearing "younger" swimwear, or say things like women over X age should not wear X type of swimsuit. If she is comfortable with it, then she should go for it. Janet is 45, and every photo above was taken in 2008, 2009, or 2010.

Glenn
    Last edited by GandJ; 11-02-2010 at 02:53 AM.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Glen, if I may be so bold to say, Janet is a total fox, with a beautiful collection of bikinis. If I had to choose a favorite, I'd go with... all of 'em.

Thumbs up Another GREAT set of posts!

Glenn and Janet,

As I said the first time you posted, what an amazing, helpful and wonderful set of posts!

After having had the pleasure of meeting Janet, I would like to share that her great beauty seen here is only exceeded by her gifts of charm and demeanor.

Thanks again guys!

(Sorry Janet but Glenn is right, that shot of you sitting at the front of the boat was a 'must post!!!!')

Wow, what a babe, Glen! Proving that 40 is the new 30, no doubt! :-) Janet, you're quite the trooper!

Thanks for the Bikini Primer 101. I'm a total pasty face who doesn't sunbathe and would wear a burqua to the beach if I could, so it was helpful info for me too.

By the way, friscohorn, no question is ever too lame here! Thank you for posting.

You might find this thread interesting as well. Where's the best erotic beaches?. Not that your wife is going topless for the first time, but we do discuss what to expect in different beaches in the Miami Beach area.

Holy Crap.

OK, I want to know where the bright pink Luli ruched bikini is from. Love it!

Also, more importantly, I want to know her exercise routine. Seriously.

Janet, you have the perfect butt! Jess, for the pink ruched bottom, you can get it on the cheap at Ritchie Swimwear-$25 per piece, and that's their most popular bottom. My fav of Janet's is the "ruched Luli Fama of Miami, but with floral pattern." Friscohorn, Instead of a thong, why not get a Brazilian? I think those are sexier anyway.

I can just see Wilhemina asking her assistant to make the phone call.

I liked the faux denim look best. If anyone knows where I could get a board short version, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the comments / compliments. (This is Glenn replying, and Janet will see this tonight).

Maria - I'm with you on the sunbathing thing. I'll do some, but I keep it limited, or I will spontaneously combust! I tend to stay under the umbrella at the pool/beach, or under the bimini (canvas top) on the boat, and sip a cool drink.

Jess - Janet got that pink ruched Luli Fama suit online from Luli Fama Swimwear ... or as Christy says, check out Ritchie Swimwear (8th and Collins). I think we saw that suit in there last spring. Not sure if they were Luli Fama brand or Ritchie Swimwear's own brand, but they are popular, as Christy indicated.

Christy - Janet agrees with you, and likes the Brazilian suits better than the thong suits. She will occaisionally wear a thong, especially on the boat, as a chance to even out the tan line. This way, if she goes from one Brazilian one day to a slightly smaller Brazilian on another day, then the tan line won't be as obvious.
    She doesn't dislike the thongs, but she doesn't want to be the only one wearing one. Up here in the mid-Atlantic, almost nobody wears them, so she'll only wear them when we're alone on the boat or with other friends of hers who wear them. In South Beach, where they are a bit more common, she might wear one. And, at events like the Columbus Day boat party off Elliott Key, where many girls/women wear them, then she feels comfortable wearing one in that situation.

Glenn
    Last edited by GandJ; 11-02-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Oh, by the way. I, along with the other guys on here, had a secret meetingd. We all decided that we would like to see some photos of more MB411 women in their swimwear!

Come on. Don't be shy. Post 'em up!

Glenn
    Last edited by GandJ; 11-02-2010 at 02:20 PM.

I want her workout secrets!!!

Default Re: Wearing a thong bikini for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I want her workout secrets!!!

It'll cost you. You have to post a photo first. The guys here voted in our secret meeting, and we take our voting seriously. We want a swimwear photo.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GandJ View Post
    It'll cost you. You have to post a photo first. The guys here voted in our secret meeting, and we take our voting seriously. We want a swimwear photo.

Glenn
    LMAO. I don't do photos. I don't even have Facebook. So as Carlos, Gus and Matt all know, that will never happen

Okay, you are staying incognito. ..... So, you are either in the witness protection program, or are being persued by MI-6.
    In that case, it is acceptable to post photos from the neck down to keep yourself incognito.

Okay, Janet might add more, but she does not have a regimented workout program. Generally, a few weeks before boating and swimsuit season up here, or before a trip to South FL in the winter, she will cut out "bad carbs", and eat something similar to a South Beach diet (What a coincidence!). She'll also do some crunches.

... And, she has one more secret weapon ....

She will occaisionally go to an "Endermolgie" spa. It's a machine massage that slims, tones ,sculpts, and smooths.
    Here is the place she goes to: Body Elements: Cellulite Reduction & Body Sculpting in Vienna, Virginia, Northern Virginia, Washington, DC, and Maryland

A Google search turns up places in Miami that have this, too.

Here's one:
    South Miami Day Spa | Facials Microdermabrasion | Cellulite | Prenatal Massage

Miami Beach also likely has it, too. Some places call it "Lipo-Massage"

Well, there you go.

And we still want photos! Come on ladies of MB411 !

Glenn

Gus, Fred, and UTS -

I adressed the comments by Maria, Jess, and Christy above, ... but in case it wasn't clear, we appreciated the comments from you guys, too. Much thanks!

friscohorn -

Let us know how it works out for you and your wife, and where you end up getting the swimsuit ..... thong or otherwise.

Glenn

New User

Will do!

Thanks for all the info. Definitely more than I expected. I'll let her know everything and see what she wants to do.

It's great to post questions on a new forum and actually get responses. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GandJ View Post
    Oh, by the way. I, along with the other guys on here, had a secret meetingd. We all decided that we would like to see some photos of more MB411 women in their swimwear!

Come on. Don't be shy. Post 'em up!

Glenn
    I think we need to break out a new thread for that. I'll get some of A as soon as the weather stop being crappy. We hardly ever get bikini shots because taking the camera to the beach can be a bad idea. But, we'll get some.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast