Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony? What went wrong?

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Default Re: Casey Anthony? What went wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    I was elated with this verdict. This is a verdict for every person who was ever pressured to keep a kid they didn't want. It's a verdict for every guy paying child support to some bitch who didn't care what he wanted. And it's a victory for those of us who believe that ending a pregnancy 3 months in is a hell of a lot better than unfit people having kids. I smiled when I ol' Casey hugging her lawyers. I actually kinda like Casey Anthony. She's a bit of an icon for the childless, who are a very marginalized group. See, the world is run by people with kids. So those of us who get massively inconvenienced by their decisions don't have much of a voice.

Essentially, this verdict is for the anti-child folks what the OJ verdict was for black people. Yeah, she probably did it. But it also shows with good enough lawyers you can erase even the biggest mistakes.

Now, how long till she's in Playboy?
    Good lord Matt!

How did you make the jump from murder to being childless by choice? Casey Anthony chose to have and keep her child.

From what I read in the backstory, she wanted to get rid of the kid immediately but was pressured from her parents to keep it. Who knows how much of that is true, but I'm going with it for now. Nobody should ever pressure anyone else into having a kid, and that is a failure on the part of Casey's parents. Blame them too.

Do I mean that seriously? Insofar as a lot of the things I say are very extreme things that communicate an underlying opinion. 9/11 was a tragedy, sure, but I really didn't care all that much about it. Hispanics are good people, sure, but I generally dislike the culture. You see where I'm going.

I hate kids (Laura, I told you at Monty's I did actually like yours, but I hate most) and I hate how everything has to be done "for the children" because, really, there are a lot of us who don't have any who get our lives trampled on by those who do. And can't ever complain because it's For the children."

So, really, the OJ analogy is pretty aporpos. I don't think there's a lot of black people who were happy to see a white woman and a white man get brutally killed. But I think there were a lot who were happy to see a decision finally go their way. Like an anti-child decision, finally. Because every goddam issue you hear, people justify their position by it being "for the children." Who, quite honestly, I don't care much about.

Yeah, Matt, I really hope you are saying that for shock value too.

I am childless, I don't plan on having children and I am really happy with that. But I WOULD NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS approve of this woman's actions, behavior or anything about her.

She is no icon for the childless. She is no icon for anyone. She is an embarrassment to humanity and waste of energy and tax payer dollars for all this attention she does not deserve. If anything, she is living proof that just because you have a vagina and ovaries with viable eggs doesn't mean you have any business being a mother. She is, if anything, a poster child for why people should abort.

All legal rules aside (yeah, yeah, reasonable doubt, whatever) ... no one with a shred of compassion for other living beings would get into a situation like this. End of story.

You have a baby, you are responsible for it, end of story. Like Laurab said, she had many other options to prevent this from happening.

And besides, don't kids die in accidental drownings and other accidents all the time? What did she have to hide?

Ultimately, this isn't a "pro-child" decision anyway. This is about a human being dying and being found underground somewhere for no rhyme or reason, I don't care how old that human was.
    FredTheCatTravels and Catt like this.

Gotta love Steve Hirsch and Vivid Entertainment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_891339.html

me too Maria - no kids, don't want them, and not particularly fond of everything in life being geared towards them either, nor being expected to take a back seat to people and their offspring all the time (especially when it comes to PTO time at work).... nor do i appreciate that portion of the general population looking down their family-values noses at ppl like me, thinking there is something wrong with me because that's my choice -

however - that's TOTALLY separate and distinct from this.

I can feel the above way and STILL have compassion and sorrow for the life of this child, and revile the child's sociopath of a (so-called) mother, who lacks even basic human compassion for the life of another.

whether she did it or not, she showed herself to be at worst a monster, and at the very least, an inhumane moron. Say for discussions' sake that ok, she did not want to keep the baby and was indeed pressured..... she still had several choices of action and & ways to rectify that, other than what she did .... give baby up for adoption, drop off anonymously at any hospital where they will accept a baby no questions asked, evacuate her parental rights and give the child's father, or the grandparents, custody. There are options. but this moron was too stupid (or selfish, narcissistic, or what-have-you) to take any of them, OR even handle it properly if it was, indeed, a (cough cough) "accident" :rollingeyes:

so i agree with maria that she's no icon or representative of even a 'small' or allegorical victory for anyone.

it's about HER behavior - not whether or not I "like kids" - that has nothing to do with it. And imho she's pretty much the lowest common denominator of human beings... scum of the earth... so i can make a clear distinction between the horrifying destruction of this child's life, the pain & fear she must have felt, and my personal irritation re: the whole child-centric mainstream majority sometimes making my life a PITA --

to my way of thinking the twain shall never meet .....
    Last edited by Catt; 07-07-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FredTheCatTravels View Post
    Gotta love Steve Hirsch and Vivid Entertainment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_891339.html

I've known Hirshey for quite some time. Doesn't suprise me he beat Hefner and Flynt to the punch. Knowing him, he'll probably go animation on this.

Oh, I don't take it personally or anything, Matt. My child was/is extremely wanted. But I respect childless people's decisions as well, and can appreciate their right to their lives. I, too, was childless for 30 years and enjoyed it.

Casey Anthony was not in unfortunate circumstances that just imposed a child on her. She was not just a shitty mother. She is a woman whose child died in some horrific manner, who's child shows very probable signs of abuse, whos child has a documented history of neglect, who's child may or may not have died in a swimming pool, or died in a trunk duct taped and tossed to the side while her mother partied. She is a woman who's child's body was dumped in the woods like a piece of garbage. If CA didn't do it, she certainly did not act like a woman who gave two shits about who did in the 31 days between the child being seen by friends and family and the point in which CA reported her missing. THere are a lot of shitty moms and dads out there. Most of them shouldn't have had kids, perhaps they did so in the manner in which you suggest (pressure to keep). There are NOT a lot of Casey Anthony's out there.

It makes me sick to think, you or anyone else in this world would suggest that that is "taking care of the problem."
    Christy and Catt like this.

I suppose though, the best way to justify why she got off is that it really was hard to figure out what the crime was. What happened? The prosecution did not do a good enough job convincing anyone what had really happened. And without a clear idea of what the crime was, a punishment for the crime is not possible.

Perhaps the prosecution jumped the gun on charging her. Perhaps because the body was so far gone, it is impossible to know.

I did see someone on my fb said that they sure wish Dexter Morgan would be around to carry out justice where the courts failed.

While I don't in reality agree with rogue justice, I did get a chuckle out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by laurab View Post
    If CA didn't do it, she certainly did not act like a woman who gave two shits about who did in the 31 days between the child being seen by friends and family and the point in which CA reported her missing.
    This is actually what bothers me the most about the whole case. That she KNEW her kid was missing and lied about it. That much was at least proven guilty. How she can sit in court and cry at photos of her childs bones, but two years ago could give two shits that her kid was missing? Doesn't add up. She should be tried as a mentally insane person now.

Quote Originally Posted by laurab View Post
    I did see someone on my fb said that they sure wish Dexter Morgan would be around to carry out justice where the courts failed.

While I don't in reality agree with rogue justice, I did get a chuckle out of that.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

While all of this is stupid, and probably illegal in itself, it does not prove murder. The child still could have accidentally drowned. All it proves is someone tried to cover up a death, whether that death was accidental or intentional.

Glenn
    If the Mom was responsible for her daughter drowning in the pool, wouldn't that be considered murder? In college instead of Statistics and Chemistry we need Parenting 101!

In the John Baney Ramsey murder everyone thougtht the parents were guilty. Later on it was discovered they were innocent..so not only did they lose their daughter but after that their lives were ruined..and I think they're both dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    If the Mom was responsible for her daughter drowning in the pool, wouldn't that be considered murder? In college instead of Statistics and Chemistry we need Parenting 101!

No, it would not be murder if it was accidental. It could be negligent homicide**, manslaughter, neglect, etc. But, to be "murder", there has to be "malice" ... an intent to kill her. IF (a big "if") it was truly an accident, there's no intent, and therefore no malice, so no "murder".

That was the prosecution's main stumbling block, and one of the interviewed jurors indicated the same. The prosecution was never able to prove there was a "murder". (Good chance there was, but they couldn't demonstrate that it occurred.). All they could show was that there was a "death." The cause of that death (accidental drowning, intentional drowning, strangling, etc.) was not determined by autopsy.

** Note that terms like homicide do not necessarily mean "murder". "Murder" is just one type of homicide. Murder is a homocide, but not all homocides are murder. Manslughter, suicide, and negligent homicide, for some examples, are homocides that are not "murder".

Glenn
    Last edited by GandJ; 07-07-2011 at 05:37 PM.

So can someone explain the duct tape over her mouth? And all the google searches for death, chloroform etc on the family computer? Huh... never able to prove it was murder seems a bit weak in my eyes.

I just don't understand how a child is dead, buried in the woods, and NO ONE is accountable? How is that justice?

Love the dexter pic btw! How appropriate...

I just wish they would have included manslaughter in the charges. Cause with the sole charge being Murder One, the jury had no wiggle room and no place to go...... but if any one of the jurors did not agree with the rest, and there had been a "hung jury" - it woulda been dismissed, and they could then charge her for the lesser charges of manslaughter or even involuntary manslaughter, and had a whole new trial. If i had been a juror i might have let myself look like a dummy who was incapable of understanding, and been a holdout for 'guilty'..... JUST to hang the jury and leave the door open for a new trial on lesser charges.....
    Last edited by Catt; 07-07-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    So can someone explain the duct tape over her mouth? And all the google searches for death, chloroform etc on the family computer? Huh... never able to prove it was murder seems a bit weak in my eyes...
    Nope. Someone couldn't explain it. And the prosecution couldn't link it to C.A., either. That was part of the problem. They don't know who put the duct tape there. Did someone wrap the body to dispose of it after an accidental drowning? Was that set up like that so it looked like an outsider killed her to cover up their own negligence of not keeping an eye on her at the pool? Did the grandfather kill her? How about the grandmother? Those are jut some of the unanswered questions that the jury could not determine. If they can't determine it, they can't just convict because they "think" she "probably" or "most likely" did it. They have to be sure.

Can anyone here explain how it couldn't possibly be the grandfather who put tape on the child?

It's kinda like any case where it seems very apparent that one person did it. Can you explain how else it mighta happened? Not really. But once someone is found not guilty, that's it. She could theoretically write a tell all book about how she got away with it, and there's nothing anyone could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    In the John Baney Ramsey murder everyone thougtht the parents were guilty. Later on it was discovered they were innocent..so not only did they lose their daughter but after that their lives were ruined..and I think they're both dead now.
    The Ramsey's never went to trial and it was pretty obvious that the investigation was a cluster on the side of the Boulder PD being extremely incompetent.

Jonbenet's Ramsey's mother Patsy passed away after a long battle with cancer. Her father, John Ramsey has been romantically linked to Beth Holloway, Natalee Holloway's mother for some years now.

Catt, I couldn't have said it better myself.

According to the CDC website:

In 2007, there were 3,443 fatal unintentional drownings (non-boating related) in the United States, averaging ten deaths per day. An additional 496 people died from drowning in boating-related incidents.

More than one in five people who die from drowning are children 14 and younger. For every child who dies from drowning, another four received emergency department care for nonfatal submersion injuries.
    http://www.cdc.gov/HomeandRecreation...factsheet.html

Let's say Caylee did accidentally drown ... she was never taken to the hospital, 911 was never called, body was reported as missing after 31 days.

The whole thing is wrong, no matter what.

Some people in Clearwater are really pissed off: http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/cl...hn_mcclure.php

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast