Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New Reality TV Show about South Beach Towing Company

Default New Reality TV Show about South Beach Towing Company

Has anyone heard about "South Beach Tow" on Tru TV. Those thieves from Tremont towing actually got a tv show now, showing them as the "heroes" dealing with irresponsible tourists and SoBe residents. And J-Lo is the producer (I hope her Bentley gets towed...). Any thoughts on this?
    Gus, rk and juve78 like this.

Default Re: South Beach Tow

I just saw a promo yesterday. Are you sure it's Tremont? I didn't catch that.

Yep, according to Miami New Times:

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ripti...ont_towing.php

Defiantly Tremont. Somebody needs to explain to me how the hell did J LO get involved with this?

When is it on? Gus told me, I'm DYING to see it.

And as for heroes??? My ARSE. Those people are nasty, rude and behave illegally. They drive like complete assholes too, and charge under the table fees. I know a lot of people who have been towed. This is one reality tv show I'd like to see

J-Lo sucks. I hope she gets towed too.
    Mario and the canadien like this.

What's next? SoBe Metal Detectors?

I watched it last night....yes its the Tremont scumbags..guess that's how they got the new tow yard on Bay Rd!!

However, it was entertaining to watch the big son of the owner get dropped by 2 guys from "Finest Towing" from Miami...portrayed Finest as being evil and Tremont as the small, humble company.

Those pricks just towed me last week for parking on Meridian for the tree chopping ( even though the signs weren't up when I parked the previous night....$180!! Unreal...first tow since I moved here last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sobespace View Post

Those pricks just towed me last week for parking on Meridian for the tree chopping ( even though the signs weren't up when I parked the previous night....$180!! Unreal...first tow since I moved here last year.
    Yes, they did that to all my neighbors when I lived in SoFi. Towed everyone when they hadn't even put the signs up the night before. A**HOLES!!!

Well, I guess she's doing it as an expose and warning/service to residents? They seem like real jerks! I love reality TV so I'll have to watch at least one episode..just to see the lady holding her cosmo, and wearing a sexy cover-up try to reason with the tow people..is tru-tv just a local miami station? If the show becomes a hit, then people will get towed on purpose to have their pic taken with them!

Default Re: New Reality TV Show about South Beach Towing Company

J-HO if you ask me. These people make me sick. Friend got towed on Ocean and 3rd because of construction. No signs anyway. SIC!

I was wondering when someone would make a thread about this, especially after the deserved hatred that I've seen for Tremont Towing and their crooked operation on these boards. I caught a bit of the first episode and DVR'd the rest. I'm pretty sure it comes on Wednesday nights, looks like there will be 2 episodes each week. Lately I've become addicted to similar business reality shows about pawn shops, repo men, and storage unit auction hunters on TruTV and A&E because there's nothing else really on worth watching during the week. This one looks to be similarly entertaining.

I feel as though they are running out of ideas for shows... and thus this show was created.
    Mario likes this.

Indeed they are. It won't be too long before SpikeTV to make a clone of it I bet. I find them amusing but I'm pretty sure that most or all of them are scripted...

What a joke.....I need to catch the whole episode. These guys are clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    What's next? SoBe Metal Detectors?
    Well, there is a show about auction hunters, so metal detectors should be next.

rk

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    Well, I guess she's doing it as an expose and warning/service to residents? They seem like real jerks! I love reality TV so I'll have to watch at least one episode..just to see the lady holding her cosmo, and wearing a sexy cover-up try to reason with the tow people..is tru-tv just a local miami station? If the show becomes a hit, then people will get towed on purpose to have their pic taken with them!
    Christy, TruTV is available nationwide on cable/satellite. Check your list of stations. "South Beach Tow" is on every Wed night at 10 PM Eastern. July 20 was the premiere so they had two episodes back to back, but from next week it will be one show every Wed. I missed the premiere but will be recording this week so I can watch later.

I thought you may have been on the very first episode. Here's the description from their website: "When Christy discovers a dog locked in a hot SUV, she summons Animal Rescue."

They are sure to repeat the early episodes later.

Their website: http://www.trutv.com/shows/south-beach-tow/index.html
    Gus likes this.

Unbelievable. These guys are the Dark Lords of South Beach and they get a goddam show? Apparentlythe producers don't read this site. Or any Miami News webiste for that matter.......

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/car-break-ins
    Gus and juve78 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rk View Post

I thought you may have been on the very first episode. Here's the description from their website: "When Christy discovers a dog locked in a hot SUV, she summons Animal Rescue."
    Ha ha. I would! Unless the a/c were on in the car-then it's not so bad. It seems like reality shows are just getting stranger and stranger..

For example- "my strange addiction" featuring people who 1. eat couch cushions as their food. 2. only eat potatoes and cheese, and weighs a ton 3. a woman who only eats toilet bowl cleanser 4. a girl addicted to tanning 5. a guy who sneaks into bathrooms bc he collects hair from the shower drains. I kid not!

It used to just be shows like The Bachelor, Survivor, Top Chef, Real Housewives..and now there are shows out there with a grittiness like hoarders, storage wars, my true life, celeb rehab, and now a show about towing cars..
    Last edited by Christy; 07-24-2011 at 04:38 PM.

I love that show!!!!

Have you seen the chick who has like 20-inch fingernails on there? Addicted to her nails? She has a website...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_817477.html

The chick who eats drywall was pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    I love that show!!!!

Have you seen the chick who has like 20-inch fingernails on there? Addicted to her nails? She has a website...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_817477.html

The chick who eats drywall was pretty good too.

Man I wonder how she wipes her a$$.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast