Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gus

Thread: Parking near Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road?

New User

Default Parking near Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road?

Hello everyone,
    I am from Portugal and in September I will travel to Miami Beach (good help me with the hurricanes & storms) and I'll be at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach with free valet parking and will rent a car.

When will go to Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road for dining and sightseeing at night where the best place to park the car easy for a few hours ? I do not mind walking a bit.

Best Regards
    Antonio

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi Antonio,

In South Beach, parking during the day is free on the residential streets, West of Washington Avenue, but you need to move the car by 5pm.

At night, I suggest parking your vehicle in the public parking garage, on 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, which is 1 block north of Lincoln Road. I think the rate is $ an hour, for the first 4 hours.

Parking near Ocean Drive is difficult at night, but it would be easy to park in the garage I mentioned and walk to there.

Here is a link to a Google map I made that list all of the city run parking garages in South Beach.

BTW, I think you're going to enjoy the Fontainebleau Hotel. In my opinion, they have the best pool around.

Have a great holiday, and let us know if you have anymore questions.

Gus
    rk likes this.

Default Re: Parking near Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road?

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Hi Antonio,

In South Beach, parking during the day is free on the residential streets, West of Washington Avenue, but you need to move the car by 5pm.

At night, I suggest parking your vehicle in the public parking garage, on 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, which is 1 block north of Lincoln Road. I think the rate is $ an hour, for the first 4 hours.

Parking near Ocean Drive is difficult at night, but it would be easy to park in the garage I mentioned and walk to there.

Here is a link to a Google map I made that list all of the city run parking garages in South Beach.

BTW, I think you're going to enjoy the Fontainebleau Hotel. In my opinion, they have the best pool around.

Have a great holiday, and let us know if you have anymore questions.

Gus
    Be sure you don't accidentally park in the New World Center Parking lot. Rates are very high there and not worth it. It's right next to the Penn and 17th St parking lot.

Gus

rtoledo71, thanks for pointing that out. The garages are right next door to each other, and could easily be confused.

The main entrance to the cheaper City-run garage is on 17th Street, across the street from Miami Beach City Hall.

The entrance to the more expensive New World Center parking lot is on a side street, next to the alley, accessible from Pennsylvania Avenue.

rk

Gus, nice map. I never knew about it before.

As our friend wants to visit both Lincoln Rd and Ocean Dr on the same visit, it may be better to park in the large parking ramp on 16'th Street between Collins and Washington. That way he'll be about 3 blocks from each.

Here's a list of all parking in south beach:

http://web.miamibeachfl.gov/parking/....aspx?id=30958

PS for Gus: somehow your map is missing two of the biggest parking ramps, the one at 17th and Penn, and the one on 16'th between Collins and Wash that I mentioned above. Also, Google maps oddly calls Collins Ave "N Ocean Blvd" between 11 and 17 Streets!

New User

Default Re: Parking near Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road?

Thank you all, we will be stay 9 nights in Miami Beach.

Can someone tell me where the best places to eat in 41'th Street Between Collins?

Here a list of restaurantes
    http://www.mytravelguide.com/restaur...staurants.html

Best Regards
    Antonio
    Last edited by PR10; 08-04-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Gus

rk, thank you for pointing out the missing parking garages. I can't believe I neglected to add the two biggest public places to park on the beach.

I've updated the map and added the missing information.

PR10, aside from the restaurants at the Fontainebleau, the only other restaurant worth mentioning, in my opinion, is The Forge on 41st Street. The restaurant has a wild history and is very chic and expensive.