Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default New World Symphony WALLCAST great free entertainment on South Beach

I posted an article today about the New World Symphony's WALLCAST and all the technology behind it in our news section.

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/so...-behind-scenes

I had the very special opportunity to meet Robert Toledo, one of our forum members, who just happens to be Director of Audio Services there.

Have you been to a WALLCAST or a regular concert?

Default Re: New World Symphony WALLCAST great free entertainment on South Beach

Didn't make myself look like an idiot. Go me!

Is USC's Cinematic Arts School still helping out with production at New World Symphony or have they weened themselves ?

BO: They did collaborate with us for our grand opening (film shorts for Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition). Other than that, not much else as far as I know.

I actually saw this on Friday, happened to be walking by. It was very strange if you weren't expecting it. The performers were spectacular, but did the music need to be so loud? I've never heard blaring chamber music before. Only in Miami, I suppose.

Friday wasn't a wallcast.

That was sleepless night. Volume was a city decision.

OK ! That's where I remember that from.... Would to loved have seen that. I dig " Pictures of an Exhibition." especially " the gnome" and "rich jew,poor jew" interpretation.

One of these days Rtoledo, I want to catch one of your flicks. Looks like a fun evening.

Blackford, Roberto doesn't do the cinema series, only the WALLCAST. The WALLCAST is run by New World Symphony and the movies are City of Miami Beach Arts in the Parks programming.

Didn't make myself look like an idiot. Go me!
    No way! I have interviewed dozens of people and you were seriously one of the most pleasant and eloquent I have ever encountered.

The movies are run from that little box Roberto is holding. It's like a glorified DVD player. Even though it's located in the building, it's still a Miami Beach arts program.

Name:  IMG_1767.JPG
Views: 939
Size:  225.0 KB

What I didn't ask about was those serious tats!

Beat me to it Maria. TY.

That's the only problem with the park system is that people confuse city events with our events.

Our events are just the concerts inside, projected outside (WALLCASTs)

Quote Originally Posted by rtoledo71 View Post
    Beat me to it Maria. TY.

That's the only problem with the park system is that people confuse city events with our events.
    That's why we're 411!

I adore Wednesday nights at NWS. I went to the very first movie night which was Avatar back in April and from then on I have become a regular. My boyfriend and I go with a blanket, wine and food and chill out under the stars watching great movies. I don't go every week as it depends on the movie, but there are some great ones coming up so I will be there for the winter season.

Oh, my bad. I confused it with those people on the rappelling ropes doing the synchronized dance.

Still, keep us posted on the movies. One of those things I keep meaning to do but never do.