we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Maria de los Angeles
  • 1 Post By Jess

Thread: Miami Beach to Orlando

New User

Default Miami Beach to Orlando

Hi there,

During my time in Miami, I am planning to go to Universal Studios in Orlando.

What are the public transport options? Are there any?

Is it better to drive? What's the traffic like during a Friday from Miami to Orlando?

Does anyone know of any special buses that can take you from Miami to Orlando?

Any help is appreciated.

Default Re: Miami Beach to Orlando

We actually offer transportation from Miami to Orlando on this site. You can call our Cust. Serv. number and they'll hook you up.

Past that there are other busses that can take you too. If you're staying at Universal or at a hotel that offers a shuttle to the park, you won't need a car up there.

If you do drive, traffic won't be bad if you don't leave Miami or arrive in Orlando during rush hour. So leave at like 6 am or 10 am.

New User

Thanks for your reply! I noticed that there is a bus that can take me there for $45, however it's not a return trip (Not that I can see anyway) so might actually be cheaper to hire a car and drive there and back.

Looking at a map, it doesn't seem too confusing...thoughts?

no it's a REALLY straightforward drive. You'd have to be a complete idiot to get lost, there's signs everywhere. Just remember gas and tolls (about $17 each way) when figuring out which is cheaper.

New User

What sort of options do I have on the way back from Orlando to Miami if I decide to take the bus?

Why are there no Subway/Train options?

Actually the rate is $35 with a 5% discount if you book round-trip. It is definitely cheaper than gas, tolls or parking, not to mention that you can just relax without having to drive. https://secure.miamibeach411.com/orlando.html

You can also reserve a combo with them park ticket & reservation via that page.

There are no subways in Florida because the state is built on a coral rock aquifer basin. Nothing can be underground.

Amtrak is an option to Orlando, but I don't think it's worth it. It takes too long. So do Greyhound buses.
    Christy likes this.

You can most certainly take a return day trip to Orlando from Miami! I wrote about it here:

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/harry-potter-world

It is a fun, easy way to get to Orlando, and I would definitely do that over driving myself.
    Christy likes this.

Only way to do R/T and Universal in one day is by bus.

You're looking at least 8 hrs ttl driving time. That along with a day at the park, you'll be poof'd out.
    A refreshing sleep on the way and you'll be ready to party when you get back to Miami.

I slept on the way to Orlando on the bus, and on the way home, we were so tired from Harry Potter we just relaxed in the back.

Hi Raging Bull,

You can book just the transportation through this site, which would be $35 for a bus ticket to Orlando, plus $10 for an extension to Universal Studios or $15 for an extension to Disney World. So with our bus to Disney it would be $50 each way or $95 round-trip. (The $95 reflects our round trip discount).

If you need a theme park ticket, we offer our Orlando One Day tour which is $158 for adults and $145 for children and includes round trip transportation as well as a ticket to the theme park of your choice. You can choose from eleven parks! Read Jess' article to get a feel for our 1 Day Tour.

Here's more info: https://secure.miamibeach411.com/orl...-day-tour.html

However you decide to get to Disney please come back here and let us know how your trip was!

Have you thought about spending a night up there? Going up and back in the same day is exhausting. Last year I drove back after a full day in a park (had spent the previous two nights) and was completely spent. I couldn't imagine if I'd been up early AND driving.

New User

Oh fantastic! Thanks for that info folks. Looks like the round trip bus option is the best way to go I think. I really wanted to drive (Never driven in any other country before...especially on the other side of the road! ) However, I think it might have been a bit too much in one day.

Matt, I considered staying the night but considering I only have a short time in Miami, it would be too much mucking around to keep checking in and out of hotels.