Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jess
  • 1 Post By Doug

Thread: 6 days in Miami. What would you do?

Default 6 days in Miami. What would you do?

I am going to be in Miami from Feb 8th-14th. I am planning on moving to Miami and I want to see all it has to offer. Any suggestions on what we should do. The Keys our on our list and so is the Miami tours. Any other suggestions?

Default Re: 6 days in Miami. What would you do?

Of course you should do our City Tour and see all the City has to offer. Plus a Day Trip to the Keys is a fantastic idea. If you are going to be a Miami local, you will find yourself down there quite often. I go at least 3 times a year.

How about a trip to the Everglades? That is great fun to do and February is the perfect time of year to go.
    Christy likes this.

Gus, our fearless owl, made a list of 101 things to do! It has a lot of suggestions you might not have thought of... http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/10...s-in-miami.htm

Go to the beach, drive around Miami, drink Cuban Coffee to name a few.

Preferred Member

I would love to experience the everglades again because I found it to be fascinating .. And With all the crapy weather we're having up here in New England I would say the beach is on my list too... I'll be there in April so I'm planning my vacation as we speak... Can't wait!!

Does anyne have any coupons for these tours? I would need coupons for two people and I think we will do 2 different tours.

Preferred Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Barbie View Post
    Does anyne have any coupons for these tours? I would need coupons for two people and I think we will do 2 different tours.
    They'll most likely PM you the code.. Keep watch ,same happen with me..

I will ask someone in the office to PM you a code today

Hi Indian Barbie,

I would do the Original Miami City Tour for fun and to get a lay of the land for when you're looking at apartments. I just sent you a coupon code. Check your inbox!

The most essential part of any trip to Miami is to spend some time exploring South Beach. You'll want to hang out at the beach, of course, but also make some time to walk along the pedestrian streets, like Lincoln Road and Espanola Way. Find a nice sidewalk cafe and enjoy the vibe. I would experience a few of the local ethnic cuisine. Apart from Cuban food, Argentine cuisine is a great choice. You might try jet skiing during the day and going out on Ocean Drive at night.

After you've gotten to know South Beach well enough, there are other areas of the city that are fun to see. Calle Ocho is the Cuban center of Miami. You can visit Domino Park and see the old Cuban men playing dominoes. Or go to Versailles restaurant to get a taste of local Cuban culture.

Another fun spot to get to know is the Venetian Pool in Coral Gables. It is natural spring water pumped out from the earth into a posh swimming pool, complete with a waterfall on one side.

The Everglades are also a fascinating thing to see, but unless you have your own transportation, the Everglades tour offered through this site is the best way to experience it. All these activities should fill up your week!
    Christy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    Hi Indian Barbie,

I would do the Original Miami City Tour for fun and to get a lay of the land for when you're looking at apartments. I just sent you a coupon code. Check your inbox!
    Thanks Christy!

Thank you Doug! Everything you sent me is what I was looking for! I want to feel like a local when I live . I have done enough shopping on Lincoln and Ocean to last me a lifetime . I want to do something different this time.