Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Getting from Miami Airport to the Greyhound Bus Terminal

Hello. I am new in this forum.

Please help me to know if metro-bus line 7 it passes and it has an stop in front of Greyhound bus terminal located on Downtown Miami 36 Nw 10th St.

I am planning to take a bus from MIA to Greyhound bus terminal.

I hope to see your reply.

Thanks.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi, jemurr. Thanks for asking a question.

Yes the #7, J, and L busses will all take you from the Miami Airport to the Greyhound bus terminal. If you choose to take the city bus, you will need to get off on the corner of 27th Street and LeJunne Road. Ask the driver and they will help you. The bus fare is $1.75.

Since the Greyhound station is so close to the airport, you can also take a taxi. The cab fare including a tip should be under $10.

Greyhound also offers two free shuttles from MIA to their bus depot. The shuttles pick up at the airport twice daily at 1pm and 10pm.

Also, the correct address for the Miami Greyhound terminal is 4111 NW 27th Street, Miami, FL 33142. The phone number is: (305) 871-1810. Below is a map, the red star notes the location for the Greyhound terminal near Miami Airport.

Hope this was helpful. Feel free to ask another question.

New User

Hello forum.

Thanks Gus for your response, good job.

Just another concern.

I'd already selected the Greyhound bus terminal during online booking. Could be a penalty if I pick up the tickets in other Bus terminal than the mentioned on book?

I hope isn't a difficult question.

Best regards,
    Jemurr. :coolsmile:

Gus

I'd already selected the Greyhound bus terminal during online booking. Could be a penalty if I pick up the tickets in other Bus terminal than the mentioned on book?
    I don't understand. What other bus terminal would you be picking up your Greyhound tickets at? Please clairfy. :)

New User

Thanks Gus, very prompt reply.

I booked Greyhound tickets online. Greyhound has an option to retrieve the tickets on terminal called "Will Call"

When I booked. I selected the bus terminal that I mentioned on my first post.

If I switch bus terminal to the other Greyhound location i.e. the one you mentioned on your reply, could be a problem with that? Could be a penalty fee due terminal change?

Regards,
    Jemurr.

Gus

Okay, I understand now. I did not know there were two Greyhound Bus terminals in Miami.

I just called the Downtown termianl. They told me the #7 bus will take you there, but the terminal has moved to a new location (1012 NW 1st Avenue), and their computers are not working, and depending on how soon you arrive in Miami, you may have to go to the bus terminal near the airport terminal to pickup your ticket. Yikes! Talk about the runaround.

If you do end up taking the City bus to the Downtown termianl, you will need to get off the bus on the corner of NW 2nd Avenue and NW 8th Street, and then walk 4 blocks to the termianl.

FYI, the area you'll be walking in is one of the worst areas of the City. Personally, I would not have a problem walking in this neighboorhood during the day if I had no luggage, but if I was arriving after dark, and had a few bags to carry, I would just take a taxi. The flat rate for a cab from Miami Airport to Dowtown Miami is $21.70.

Here are some phone numbers that may come in handy:

Greyhound Downtown - (305) 374-6160
    Greayhound Miami Airport - (305) 871-1810
    Miami Metrobus Customer Service - (305) 770-3131

Below is a map, the red star notes the location for the Greyhound terminal in Downtown Miami: 1012 NW 1st Avenue.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

New User

Thanks Gus.

You are right. Greyhound Downtown Miami terminal has been moved to a new facility (from 36 Ne 10th St Miami, FL 33132 to 1012 Nw 1st Ave Miami, FL 33136) and it also has a terminal on the first address you indicated to me: (4111 Nw 27th St Miami, FL 33142) which is very close to the Miami Airport area. And Yes, they have. They've two terminals in Miami.

I will switch to the terminal on 4111 Nw 27th St, due it closeness to the Airport.

Also, I sent an e-mail to Greyhound line asking about if there are penalty fee due the tickets pick up in other terminal. But this action took place yesterday early in the morning and I still don't get a reply, perhaps due weekend time. At the end, if more time goes by I will have to give them a telephone call.

Your explannation and help are very useful and I congrats you for your kindness toward posted messages. Keep going and remain.

Thanks a lot.
    jemurr.

New User

Hi, I am new to this forum and I'm not sure if anyone knows, but I am traveling to Miami from CT and my friend and I thought we would be an adventure and take the bus down. We are leaving on a carnival cruise from Miami and I was wondering if you knew how far the bus station is from the port and how expensive it would be to take a taxi, or are there any buses that would get me there?

Gus

Hi, kellyb1487, welcome to Miami Beach 411.

The answer depends on which Greyhound station you're arriving at.

A cab to the Port of Miami from the bus terminal in Dowtown Miami will be under $10. A cab to the Port from the terminal near Miami Airport should cost around $20.

Hi kellyb1487,

Welcome! What a nice long adventure. Let us know how it goes. :)

New User

What is the most affordable way to get from the Port of Miami to the Miami Greyhound Station located at 4111 N.W 27th Street?

Ladykyat, how many people would be traveling? For just one, you might try the Supershuttle, if it does in fact go there. However, if you have a group of 3 or 4, you may find it more economical to take a taxi. Miami Beach 411 offers private transportation from the Port of Miami to anywhere in central Miami for $96 for 1 to 4 people (more if it's west of the Turnpike or in the Kendall/Palmetto Bay/Homestead area). This way of traveling is sometimes more economical than a cab because all taxes and tips are pre-included. However, in this case, since the distance is only about 6 miles, it would be cheaper to take a taxi.

New User

Hi!! Iím travelling from Miami to Panama City Beach, I know that I must take Greyhound bus, can you help me where I can buy the tickets for the bus? Can I buy them at the airport? What is the nearest terminal to Miami Airport? How to get there?

Default Re: Getting from Miami Airport to the Greyhound Bus Terminal

Hi Zhenya, welcome!

There are a few Greyhound Stations in Miami. Where will you be coming from?

New User

I'm going from Russia)) And I want to be sure that I will easily find this bus station)))I visited this website but they don't give the necessary information!!

New User

Just bought my Greyhound bus ticket online and shows the 27th st location close to the airport as the point to pick up my ticket. Shouldn't be any problem getting from airport to bus station from previous posts. Thank to all and happy traveling.