Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Matt Meltzer

Thread: Miami in September

New User

Default Miami in September

Hi guys,

could you please let me know if Miami beach is a good choice for September? I am going to be there on my own for the whole month and I am a bit worried now as September seems to be the most boring month considering the weather and no special events scheduled for September. I can not go there any other month for my language study trip. I am sure it is going to be great anyway however I could use some tips for fun in Miami.
    and second question: amount of money for one month .. could you please give me some advice? I'm talking just about average pocket money excluding food expense.

THX

Default Re: Miami in September

Hi Czech girl,

Miami is NEVER boring!!! September can be a rainy month at times but it is still hot, fun and has plenty going on. There is a huge holiday weekend called Labor Day where the beach hosts huge parties all weekend. And every week there is something to do.

Spending money really depends on what you like to do. If you like to drink, sight see, take yours and shop, then you will need more than if you just want to lie on the beach and chill out.

I'd say bring $2000 for the month. That will ensure you have fun and can do what you want. You can survive on $50 a day if you want, but you won't get to see much of what Miami has to offer.

Where will you be staying in the Beach? Not having a car, where you are will determine a lot in terms of how much money you'll need, what with cab fare and the like.

Plenty to do, though. Never a dull moment all year round. Prepare for extreme heat and humidity, though. September is nasty.

New User

I knew it!! thank you guys! Miami can't be boring at all ... I just wanted to be sure
    About money, i was worried you might say more than 4000 $ . I'll have 2000-3000

I'm staying near by Lincoln road South Beach.

Could you give me one more advice, where a hot surfers (as I know them from a movie) are used to go to the pub?

We don't have much in the way of surf here but where we do is near 1st Street on the beach. Try Montys on 3rd and Alton Road or Teds Hideaway (Total dive bar) on 2nd and Collins.

New User

Hi! Me and my friend from the UK are staying in september at the park central hotel SoBe from 15th to 25th. We are 23 and 24 yrs old and would like to know The must things to do/ parties to go to???

we are budgeting approx $150-200 a day spending money. also keen to meet locals and check out the local seen too. what bars would you recommend for this?

Thankyou in advance.

Hi James, welcome to 411.

I went to Teds on Wednesday night and that place is filled with locals, as always. While I was there, bartenders from Montys and Nikki came in plus the Big Pink boys. If you want to meet locals, Teds is the place.

Also, $150-$200 a day is good. Just don't go nuts at any of the clubs and eat reasonably and you'll be ok.

I think Sept is better than July and August. There aren't that many surfers in South Beach..I've seen a few near Third St. beach. Gus knows all the best spots for surfing..

There are plenty of cute guys on the volleyball courts on 8th and Ocean!

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi Czech girl,

September is not a bad month to visit. The weather and water temperature is still warm enough to enjoy the beach, all month long. However, it is one of the rainiest month of the year, but that is primary in the afternoon.

You'll be able to find a few surfer dudes hanging out at Ted's Hideaway and Lost Weekend. There's also a couple surf shops in South Beach, where you might find a surfer or two.

Can you tell us about your language trip? Are you going to a language school?

New User

Hi Gus! thanks for your reply and good news.

Whenever i have my dream vacation it's rainy season, I'm used to it! .) I went to Jamaica last summer and rainy afternoon was every day. Rain in Mimi can't surprise me

I'm going to a english course (EC MIAMI, Lincoln road) for one Month. I'm curious how it will looks like It's my first experience. At least i will spend my vacation at Ted's Hideaway if the course bores me

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Your welcome. I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun. You sound like an outgoing person.

Yesterday, Fred Garvin pointed out a new surf shop in the Continuum shops, across the street from Nikki Beach - http://www.f1rstshop.com/

1st surf shop isn't new, just a newish location. It was on 1st street for years, hence the name, next to Primo but Primo expanded and 1st moved nearer the beach.

Spending your vacation at Ted's Hideaway. Wow. I like that bar but PLEASE don't do that.
    Christy likes this.

You'll see lots of cute guys out in South Beach, there are some cute guys once in awhile at Ted's but don't count on it! I would say the pool parties at Nikki Beach and the Shore Club are good for meeting cute guys.

New User

Sounds good Christy

Ted's is not a place for a vacation every night... but its good for a drink or two if you wanna meet the locals