Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Spring Break in Miami or Cancun?

New User

Default Spring Break in Miami or Cancun?

Basically...

7/8 of us guys from London want to have a good time and experience spring break... i.e. pulling girls, drinking, clubbing etc etc.

Should we go Miami or Cancun?

Not to blow my own trumpet but in London we usually hit the more high end clubs... however we are looking for a good time... for a lot of girls... and good music.

Please answer me as we would like to book asap...

Also whoever answers and comes London I'll be sure to give good advice ... thanks in advance

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Default Re: Miami or Cancun

Hi, Going to do. Thanks for asking your question.

What about doing both? If you're flying through South Florida, you could spend a few nights in Miami and a few nights in Cancun... That way you get to experience both places.

In my opinion, a long holiday in either place could get boring.

The Airport in Miami is very close to South Beach. It would be easy to plan a 3-leg trip.

What are your travel dates?

Are all the guys over 21 years old?
    dylan likes this.

Default Re: Miami or Cancun?

I have heard horror stories about Cancun, along with some great things I think Cancun is starting to get a little bit of a bad reputation do to all the political strife going on in the country between organized crime, and the government. I feel like South Beach may be a touch safer but more expensive, so it presents a trade off. If it were up to me though I'd either do both like Gus said or stick to Miami. Unless you have at least one Spanish speaker in the group Cancun may not work out as easily.

Default Re: Miami or Cancun?

In regards to Mexico, Cabo would be a better choice for spearing a west coast spring breaker.
    Haven't been to Cancun, but the clubbing is definitely better in Acapulco and high end. You'll probably get a better breed of girl there since it's driving distance from Mexico City. Even though Acapulco has lost a bit of her luster, it offers you a better clubs and a chance to lance that chick traveling on her daddy's platinum card from el districto federal.

Default Re: Spring Break in Miami or Cancun?

First thing...if ANYONE in your group is under 21, or will be for Spring Break, go to Mexico. Having an underaged person in your group can seriously jack up your trip because every night is a fight to figure out where he can get in. And it really limits what you can do.

HOWEVER....

If your group is over 21, I'd say Miami. It is more expensive, but the guy/girl ratio is MUCH more favorable here. Cancun is often dubbed "Mancun" by people I know who've been there. Probably 3:1 guys to girls, and it seems a lot of the girls are in high School. Not so much a problem as Mexican laws are a lax about that, but they are often with their parents. Not easy to hook up.

Miami will cost you more as well. so think about your budget. I recommend it as a Spring Break spot - especially if you want high end clubs. But think about the ages of your group and how much you can spend first.

Translation for the Americans: pulling girls is hooking up.

New User

Thanks for all your prompt answers.

We wouldn't be looking to do both because organisational skills are not at par.

With regards to the age. All of us are over 21.

With regards to the budget. It's not a problem honestly.

By the sounds of it (so far) Cancun is a cock fest. That's a bit depressing because I wanted to go either Cancun or Miami. But more Cancun because when you google for "best spring break" it usually says Cancun lol.

Any more opinions would be excellent. Will be booking next week Tuesday.

My friend went Miami last year. He said it was great. Just that the friends he went with had been to Cancun the year before and said it was better!! Confusing.

Thanks again in advance

New User

And bump

Well, I can't comment on Cancun as I have never been. As I understand it, it is all inclusive resorts on the beach, which does sound amazing. Miami Beach is not like this and I am sure it will be a more expensive trip than Mexico would be. We don't have all inclusive resorts, but if you are in search of good music, girls and good times, Miami is perfec for all that.

Also, I am sure Cancun tourist areas are safe but you may want to check recent news and reports in the area you are looking at visiting as Mexico is experiencing political unrest and the police and drug gangs are out of control. As a result, many areas in Mexico are not safe to visit currently.

Cancun is much more of the "Spring Break" you see on TV and the movies. But, again, a LOT of dudes. Your friends may have lucked out and found some girls or whatever, and as such thought it was "amazing." But I've heard more bad reviews than good.

Honestly insofar as South Florida, Key West is the best Spring Break spot down here. Lots of kids from the state go as it's an easy enough drive and the party goes all day and night. Miami Beach is a great time too, but maybe look into doing both? Depends on how much time you have.

Im interested to know what high end means? I know it can vary a lot in London. Let me know what your expecting from Miami and I'll do my best to tell you how much cash your going to need.

What Hotels have you looked at?

New User

Hmmm... Thanks for that... only thing is ... I wish there was some that has ACTUALLY been!

New User

I haven't got too much time... so would you suggest Miami or Key West... what is key west lol

New User

High End ... not the highest but just your normal.. china white... whisky mist ... etc etc..

I'm expecting from Miami... girls naked easy sitting there...
    Last edited by goingtodo; 08-06-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Yeeeeeah, that's not really how it works. Girls on vacation tend to be easier, yes. But it's never a given. Ever. And never all that easy.

Key West is an island about 3 hours' drive from Miami. It's actually much older and more historic than Miami is, and a lot smaller. Very cute and a great party scene during Key West. For straight up Spring Break-ing, Key West it better. But Miami is "nicer," in that the clubs are better, the food is better, there is more to do than just drink and go to the beach. So it really depends on what you're looking for. I still suggest if you come here doing both Miami and KW.

Quote Originally Posted by goingtodo View Post
    I'm expecting from Miami... girls naked easy sitting there...
    If that's what you are expecting from Miami, please go to Cancun. Better yet, stay in London and visit a strip club.
    Sorry likes this.

Oh, but there's plenty of good strip clubs here, Jess. And a couple in Key West, although those suck.

Cancun though, seriously, BAD ratio of guys to girls. So even if you do hook up you may be scraping the bottom of the barrel. A friend of mine from University of Alabama who went I think two years ago described it as "A fat girl's paradise." And he wasn't talking about the all you can eat buffets.

Well girls in Miami, unless it's March, aren't easy or naked. The girls here expect all their drinks bought for them, dinner paid for and boys to be courteous so these boys may not find it as easy as they think.
    Sorry likes this.

Cancun - I've not been but all my mates went and the rough gist of it was... $50 into a club, all the alcohol you can drink. Laid back clothing and a rawkus environment dominated by american jock types. It doesn't matter how quick witted you are they are alpha male full stop. No mention of girls from when my mates went so I cant comment

Miami - With 7-8 of you, you will struggle getting into the American equivalent (Liv, Mansion, Mokai...) of China White etc. Your options are to buy a table every time you go out, the prices will make you squirm with a group of 8 guys. I'd take a guess at a few hundred dollars each. We paid $500 for 2 guys and a girl (the pizza place was after the club . Or split up, and that will be a bit of a nightmare as they don't queue like in England. Its just a free for all. So some might get in straight away and some might be an hour.
    On the girl front, the accent helps. I thought it was an exaggeration but they really do love it. For the top clubs in Miami its shoes, jeans/trousers and a Shirt. I did a T shirt one night with a suit jacket but stuck to a shirt the rest of the time. If you get to know a group of girls during the day and arrange to go a club it will help you out at the door loads.

New User

Ok. Thanks for everyone's help. Im just askin the questions every guy is thinking.

Looks like we will be booking Miami.

Thanks everyone. I'm here if you need help about London. Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast