Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dylan

Thread: Destination Wedding Advice

New User

Red face Destination Wedding Advice

Hi!

My fiancÚ and I are having a domestic-destination wedding in Miami in September and I am looking for a couple ideas, please.

We are having a small ceremony on the beach (20-30 people) and are having a dinner instead of the traditional reception. We would like to be within a few blocks of everything - beach, hotel(s), restaurant and even some bars/nightlife. I assume that South Beach is going to be our best bet, but if there are other places that may be a little more low key, we are open.

What is/are the best places/beaches that have everything close? Also, any recommendations for restaurants that are on or have a good view of the water/ocean?

Thank you!

Default Re: Destination Wedding Advice

I have attended this combination and it worked out very well. Marriage ceremony Crandon Park Key Biscayne, on the water. Dinner/reception Rusty Pelican, overlooking Biscayne Bay during and after sunset. It was a great ceremony and very nice dinner afterwards, and the two locations are about 4 minutes apart by car.
    mirna likes this.

New User

Thanks for the suggestion Dylan!

Im not sure how many of our family members will be renting cars, but I am definitely going to look into it.

Dylan's suggestion is great from a scenery/accessibility standpoint. But there is not much out on Key Biscayne other than the park and the restaurant.

I'm not sure if they do weddings at South Pointe Park, but if they do that's my #1 recommendation. Smith and Wollensky right there has a fantastic view, and there's plenty of bars and restaurants withing 5 blocks.

Maurice Gibb Park up on Bay Road would also be a nice option. I'm not sure if you can do weddings there either, but a few good bars right across the street and some cool restaurants. Not all that fancy, or with views, but good food nonetheless.

Hey Matt I do not know if they have changed any rules, but a few years back my buddy/tattoo artist got married in Crandon Park in Key Biscayne. I did not got too many details from him but I assume they allowed the wedding, which would make me think they would still allow them now too.