Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default My first nude Florida beach experience.

This past Friday, we set off towards the Atlantic for a beach overnight. We set off early so we can ride our bikes at sunrise on the hard packed sand in the region. Never been to New Symrna Beach despite being told all the time how beautiful it is. So we cruised Hwy 44 for the first time and it lead us to Cape Canaveral National Seashore. It was still dark and the entrance to the beach was closed, but as soon as I got out of the car, I was overwhelmed with the sensation that we belonged there and this place was special.
    https://www.nps.gov/cana/index.htm

So plan B got activated and made it to Daytona Beach for our sunrise bike ride. It was beautiful until the sun came up and exposed Daytona for what it really is ... a dump.

https://instagram.com/p/BIcRWbZhjiH/

Then back to the car for the scenic A1A drive to Vilano Beach off St. Augustine. We had a full beach there in Friday but still had the mornings first beach stop on our mind. It was decided we leave early the next day and try THAT beach.

So we drove through New Symrna actually appreciating it in day light. Loved the town and when we got to the beach gate, realized we were actually in Titusville. Didn't matter. Nor did it when the gate attendant mentioned Lot 5 was the nudist beach. Upon entry, it had a Bill Baggs feeling to it it the apparency of less tropical. The flora was deciduous with some Sea Oats ( heaven ), Palmeto and stunted palm trees. It was consistent on both flanks for the long 5 miles of seashore. And when we got to Lot 5, it was full... Soon after, a spot opened up. When we walk the board walk to see the beach for the first time, I knew this is my NEW beach. It still maintained that Bill Baggs feel, just no lighthouse and the sensation of nearby city life, rich dunes as far as the eye can see, and no blaring reggaton.

As far as the nudity aspect, you figure municipalities will designate expendable beaches for this activity the same way they alot for dog beaches. Not here. One damn fine beach !

So to cut to the chase, I went commando for the first time. I cheated a bit as dropped my trunks once waist deep in water. Felt so liberating until half an hour later Inteied to put my shorts back on. Each time a wave deciding to bowl me over. It was a challenge but nature's way of saying, don't be bashful. Certainly on the next visit which will be within a fortnight.

https://instagram.com/p/BIgUOFxhKp8/

#welivewhereyouvacation

Default Re: My first nude Florida beach experience.

The nude beach, playalinda, has always been a popular spot there in titusville. If you go too late, there won't be parking as you found and you have to walk a ways.

Haulover, before they demolished the parking lot, was much simpler as far as parking. However the walk from the lot, under the road, up the stairs and down the sand was a bit more daunting when you are carrying a lot of stuff. But once there, it is a beautiful part of Miami Beach. People come from all over and on weekends, there is barely anywhere to setup chairs. Haulover was our first experience and we've been going for many years since.

(2008! Long, long time ago!)
    Name:  GinaHaulover.jpg
Views: 10691
Size:  107.8 KB

Orient Beach in St. Maarten is also great and there are 1-2 outdoor restaurants you can order from and not worry about re-dressing. The rest of Orient Beach is topless so nudity is much more common, but it is a part of France after all.

Name:  meatOrientBeach.jpg
Views: 1696
Size:  116.1 KB
    Those are the only 2 I've been to, besides a private beach resort in Mexico. We heard there is one in San Fran by the golden gate bridge, but its too cold there year round to enjoy in my opinion.

Glad you enjoyed New Smyrna, can't believe it took you all these years to get there. Now you see why us Orlando-ians hated cocoa beach. Be sure to check out Chase's on the water. Its a New Smyrna staple right on the beach and they have a pool where you'll see some fun pool vball games.
    Last edited by Marc Middleton; 08-01-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
    The nude beach, playalinda, has always been a popular spot there in titusville. If you go too late, there won't be parking as you found and you have to walk a ways.

Haulover, before they demolished the parking lot, was much simpler as far as parking. However the walk from the lot, under the road, up the stairs and down the sand was a bit more daunting when you are carrying a lot of stuff. But once there, it is a beautiful part of Miami Beach. People come from all over and on weekends, there is barely anywhere to setup chairs. Haulover was our first experience and we've been going for many years since.

(2008! Long, long time ago!)
    Name:  GinaHaulover.jpg
Views: 10691
Size:  107.8 KB

Orient Beach in St. Maarten is also great and there are 1-2 outdoor restaurants you can order from and not worry about re-dressing. The rest of Orient Beach is topless so nudity is much more common, but it is a part of France after all.

Name:  meatOrientBeach.jpg
Views: 1696
Size:  116.1 KB
    Those are the only 2 I've been to, besides a private beach resort in Mexico. We heard there is one in San Fran by the golden gate bridge, but its too cold there year round to enjoy in my opinion.

Glad you enjoyed New Smyrna, can't believe it took you all these years to get there. Now you see why us Orlando-ians hated cocoa beach. Be sure to check out Chase's on the water. Its a New Smyrna staple right on the beach and they have a pool where you'll see some fun pool vball games.

Well from the outset, I hated Cocoa Beach.

This weekend made me appreciate the Central Atlantic more than ever before, and realize what a privilege it is to be a Floridian.

Marc I get your crtitism about New Symrna. I really try to spread out my beach excursions and it takes the same amount of time to get to the gulf or a decent Atlantic beach.

I talked to a neighbor this morning and raved about Canaveral. He's been there before and informed me parking lot 13 is the go-to nudist beach there. Maybe that's your Playa Linda. Not Lot 5. Also warned it teens with LBGT fold which I don't mind. Also for $2 more, you gain access to an area that has a sunken ship and is great for fishing + snorkeling.

This Saturday, since I'm more intrigued than ever, I'm going to connect at Melbourne from 192 and head to Vero. Have a old neighbor that settled there a block from the beach. I've never been to the beach at Vero though had three Springs till the Dodgers moved. You probably know, some in Miami call Vero "The FL Hamptons." The bit of research I've done indicates place is legit.

I know this site is Miami Centric, but it's crazy and foolish to ignore the other many aspects of the state. Being a Floridian is > than being a Miamian. There is no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackford Oakes View Post

Marc I get your crtitism about New Symrna. I really try to spread out my beach excursions and it takes the same amount of time to get to the gulf or a decent Atlantic beach.
    I didn't criticize New Smyrna, its the only beach I like on the East Coast north of Jupiter. St. Augustine is nice as well and a long sandy beach leading to the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
    I didn't criticize New Smyrna, its the only beach I like on the East Coast north of Jupiter. St. Augustine is nice as well and a long sandy beach leading to the water.

Did it again, meant Cocoa. I love New Symrna area.

Next time you hit your parents in St Augustine, I recommend visiting Matanzas area. There's also a beach home community called "Summertime" I'd think you'd apprciate.

The forecast doesn't look this weekend for Vero, bit going anyways.

Marc any opinion of JAX beaches. ? Have yet to explore area between Ponte Vedra and Fernandina Beach.

Currently got booked a hotel for pre night for Packers @ Jags. My Brother-in-law invited me and placed the hotel on my shoulders. Cool deal as he used his AL points for my DAL-MCO leg for Cowboy Classic the weekend prior. I'm currently booked in St John's Market Sq. Is the beach worth it to move my hotel ? I like the current location because it seems that's a happening part in JAX ... but would prefer beach.

I haven't' done anything past Ponte Vedra either, including Amelia Island but that's too far from the stadium.

The area you booked sounds like a good area, a lot of downtown Jax is empty at night so your part sounds good.

I love NSB and St Augustine. I like Daytona simply to drive on cos it is fun.

I gotta check out this nudist beach!

Planning to go back sometime this month once school starts.

Like many, it was unbeknownst to me there would be nudity at these beaches, less likely in a national park.

Marc mentioned Playalinda which is the extreme end of the park on Lot 13. The couple that informed of this beach did mention it does get crowded and some of the nudist get obnoxious with propositions, mostly directed to Mr. as it's a gay hot spot supposedly. They added for $2 extra you can access a part of the beach that was a sunken boat that attracts fish. My friends like to go commando when they fish.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...h-Florida.html

I might try Playalinda next time because of it's good hiking opportunity. Not too crazy about the apparent scene.

Apollo Beach will always be my safety valve at Lot 5 because the only thing I care about is the liberty of swimming nude. Being around or seeing teems of naked people is not my thing. It's more tranquil and beautiful as I'm sure Playalinda is.

Nonetheless, as Marc mentioned, I'm surprised it took me all this while to hit this park up. Previously, our only excursions and reason going to the Space Coast was for rocket launches at Jetty Park or Cocoa. Even though the Space Shuttle has been retired and has always been amazing to see, the launch pads of Space X are a bit more N and closer to the beaches and actually a better experience than the Shuttle.

So technically what I sought after, time at New Symrna Beach didn't really happen. A1A gets twisted a bit at that section. So I'm going to have to make amends soon. I loved the town and if I was a young professional with an office in Orlando, New Symrna probably be my top option to live.

As far as Daytona, I get what Jess says. That's the reason we stopped there before sunrise. We rode our bikes on hard packed sand. The hotel and tourist infrastructure there has seen better days and in need of serious capital infusion. Ormond, the beach just N is average quiet and peaceful... the typical sleepy beach town. Driving N past Flagler Beach, the beach scene gets awesome again at Matanzas. Have no idea why Dr. Beach has ignored this beach. Likely because there is no tourist infrastructure and perhaps the only beach that has a true " local " feel to it. Worthy of the 30 min. drive S if you're staying in St.Augustine. Funny thing here, my presence got challenged as I took a road between beach houses and the beach. Some UCF prick, part of a large frat group that rented a home over capacity, told me I didn't belong on that road. The confrontation was mostly verbal and enjoyable. My daughter called him " stupid" and the Mrs. prodding me to leave. There where 30 frat boys on the beach that could've been summoned. That aside, I there are two public access points to Matanzas.

Was going to do the A1A Melbourne - Vero Beach leg today. That got scrapped. My niece had a "white coat" ceremony on Thursday and today we celebrate as family .... plus the weather is sucky.

Miami is a unique place, but we got some awesome places all around the state as well. Florida is a great place to live as #welivewhereyouvacation

New Smyrna by the jettys is where the young hang out and the surfers. We went there for many years before moving to S. Florida. And then its a short drive to Chase's for good food & drinks.

New User

A First Timers Visit and Experience at a Nudist Beach
    The first time I went nude in public was when I was 22 at a nudist beach in the Florida Keys. The beach was a clothing optional one, and I had always wanted to run along the beach in the nude so I decided that I would do it.