Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Thread: T-minus 5 days

Talking T-minus 5 days

And we'll be there for a quickie weekend stay Sat-Tues.
    It's our first intentional stay. Every other time we've been to FL was a pass through.

Any must-sees while we're there? We ended up renting a car after all so we have a little more freedom.

I'm definitely going to swing by the Citizen Bike warehouse ('cause I'm a dork and a huge fan of their products. Plus, they said if I called ahead I could try one of their bikes I'm considering purchasing).
    Also planning on checking out The Intercoastal park & haulover.

Other than that I think the main purpose was to bike around.

Default Re: T-minus 5 days

You're just here to bike? In the SUMMER?

Definitely hit the Miami City Tour (which this site runs). I"m not saying that as a shameless plus, you will seriously learn more about the city than most locals know and familiarize yourself with a lot of the area.

The must-hits really depend on what you're into, you know? What are your interests? What would you want to see? I discover cool new stuff every week here so I can definitely recommend a lot. But it boils down are you more into nature/museums/food/bars/breweries/beaches/watersports/history (lacking on that).

"Summer" - I'm from Texas, y'all. Less than 100 is comfortable, and 100 or more simply requires additional water.

Water activities, mostly, but I think the Miami City Tour might be what we need since it's such a short trip. We're getting in around noon to FLL and zig zagging our way down to SOBE then Sunday we're looking at some places with an agent - if we throw in the tour it'll get some info & we'd still have time to relax.

J said he found some skate rentals so we'll hopefully do some rollerblading (I cannot wait)

How was your trip? Did you do the tour?

I'd reccomend with your activities, the Everglades. If you have a access to a bike, the 15 mi. loop at Shark Valley will have you cruising past comatose Gators. The obsersation tower at the mid-way point offers an endless horizon of the Everglades - an awsome sight.