Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Halloween in Miami/Miami Beach

New User

Default Halloween in Miami/Miami Beach

Hello,

I'm coming to Miami with my girlfriend for the third time, I'll be there from 29 oct (6pm) to 07 nov.

I've always wanted to live halloween in the USA and now here I am.

First... we'll need a costume, I've located many shops in the area so it shouldn't be a problem. But If you have a favourite one I'll gladly take any advice.

Second, when are the parties? I thought everything happened the night of the 31, but all the parties in the clubs seems to be saturday (29) or sunday (30). What am I missing? Do you celebrate in other locations?

TLDR: Coming to Miami the 29th, how do we spend Halloween in a best American way?

Default Re: Halloween in Miami/Miami Beach

Excluding parties, anyone here will tell you Lincoln Rd. is the place. Halloween falls on a Monday so that Saturday you arrive or Sunday is when there is a public scene, I'm assuming. Surely someone can elaborate more on that.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Blackford Oakes View Post
    Excluding parties, anyone here will tell you Lincoln Rd. is the place. Halloween falls on a Monday so that Saturday you arrive or Sunday is when there is a public scene, I'm assuming. Surely someone can elaborate more on that.
    Thanks!

I was just reading some old Jess' contribution. Lincoln Rd it is then.

Saturday we'll be too tired and without a costume. I don't think we'll be doing something.

Halloween always falls on Halloween. Meaning Lincoln shuts down and parties all night on Monday this year. It is not to be missed. If you really want to go wild, go out in costume all weekend. Usually we have 2/3 costumes each year for this reason.

The Halloween pop up stores are expensive but owned by the same person so one over the other doesn't matter. If you wait till near the end, they mark stuff down to get rid of it.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

Yeah basically the club parties will be over the weekend, then the big street insanity is on Monday Night on Lincoln. It's a crush of people, mostly drunk. But hey, if that's the scene you're looking for nowhere does it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    Yeah basically the club parties will be over the weekend, then the big street insanity is on Monday Night on Lincoln. It's a crush of people, mostly drunk. But hey, if that's the scene you're looking for nowhere does it better.
    Never been to Lincoln Rd on Halloween. The similar on Hollywood Blvd seems lame to what I've heard. From all I've learned, I understand Castro District in San Francisco is the most insane of all.

I would think Key West is actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I would think Key West is actually.
    Why not ?

Halloween has just crept up on me at mach speed. Months ago I bought tickets for Rezz. She's in Orlando tonight. I have a conflict centered around out of town college mates that are in town and tonight's game vs. Cal. . Tix only cost me only $15 which is a reasonable loss. The Mrs. thinks I'm part cult called Rezz and with a shrugg, she allowing me to go solo and see her tomorrow in Tampa.

I can't think of any music that epitomizes Halloween more than her's, +, and you guys might already know, I latched on to her from the outset. She ( deserves ) better get the main stage at UltraMiami 2017.

So I'm now in a scurry thinking of something diabolic and gory. Family trick o" treating as usual is still on in Celebration. Saturday night.Probably the best place in the country for that. they go all out. My nine year old is debuting as a She-Dracula. Might need to borrow some of her stuff and piss her off.

I'm at the point I have so many costumes I can recycle them from a few years back.

Yeah it would be hard to top Key West. Also, Nightmare on the Beach is a pretty good party that's at Lummus Park I think on Saturday night.

The best Halloween city is a tough one.

Average cost to dress up this year is $82.93. As a nation, we'll spend in excess of $82B for Halloween related activities.

Suprisingly, Santa Ana out ranked NYC as the Best Halloween city but we know it's all subjective and families and individuals have their own interpretation how to celebrate. Santa Ana got the nod based of sales of Halloween related items.

Many homes in Celebration spend upwards of $20G to prop up their homes, I've never seen anything like it and personaly the best place I've seen you can take your child for the traditional Trick O' Treat.

Probably like some here, we celebrated differently when we where teens. I remember when Ralph's refused to sell me twelve dozen eggs on Halloween when I was 17. We eventually got them and me and my clan turned LA into an omellette that night. Best Halloween ever and I'm hysterically laughing at the memory of that night ... and the close calls with trouble. LAPD caught on to us but they only made us empty four fire extinguishers we stole from the Park La Brea Towers on our three caravan cars.

So when Key West is mentioned here as the best, it certainly has to be considered in the debuachery category. I'm sure it's great but I'm sticking with San Francisco. For too many years I've seen many gay colleagues in the office plan Halloween up north. And you have to admit, Gays do Halloween best - hands down ! And to boot, that community in SFO are middle aged and with the most disposable income in America. It's their Carnival. That's just my perspective through the years and seeing how Halloween has grown bigger than Christmas, practically.

I love all aspects of it ... top to bottom.

Last night, I went ot Ybor City for the REZZ concert. I borrowed my sister's Yoda robe and went as Uncle Fester. Not anticapting, I shaved my head the day before, The lightbulb didn't last two sets. She went dark and hard.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

So I threw on the weave and a witch hat, hosted my office Halloween drop in on Las Olas, then headed to Wilton Manors with two of my friends.

Wilton Manors was great! Danced until 3am and woke up this morning and the cats were dragging my weave around the house.

Lots of great costumes and I'm sure it will only get better as the weekend goes on.
    Jess likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FredTheCatTravels View Post
    So I threw on the weave and a witch hat, hosted my office Halloween drop in on Las Olas, then headed to Wilton Manors with two of my friends.

Wilton Manors was great! Danced until 3am and woke up this morning and the cats were dragging my weave around the house.

Lots of great costumes and I'm sure it will only get better as the weekend goes on.
    If you're weave is missing, Newton is the new owner,

Name:  newton.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  44.6 KB

I didn't like the Gunther oufit so I'm improvising today in the Halloween Pickleball tournament. My partner is still going to be a Tigress and I'm going to hunter her down,
    Jess likes this.

I love that cat ! I just adopted a kitten, but I didn't think to dress her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I love that cat ! I just adopted a kitten, but I didn't think to dress her up.
    Th dogs weren't in the mood but Newton went to two parties. LOL !

Name:  newt1.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  65.9 KB Name:  newt2.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  56.8 KB

A cat was the last thing we wanted and got begged to death to get one. You can say I'm now also a cat person, even though I got mauled by one yesterday at the Halloween Pickleball Tournament. This is my 5th year playing with the former Ms. Virginia. We won it two years a a row but lost 3 of four matches yesterday. All fun, especially when her husband showed up and I just walking her around with a collar and leash.

Name:  cat.png
Views: 86
Size:  592.5 KB
    Jess likes this.

Shanti is too tired to go out for Halloween as she's been busy moderating the forums
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I could imagine Wilton Manors being pretty good for Halloween.

Sungal texted me yesterday asking if there were any good costumes on Lincoln Road. Just thought I'd share that.

Heard and saw Lincoln Road was lame during Halloween night. Who concurs ?

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Shanti is a cutie Jess!

Matt, from all the photos I saw of Wilton Manors last night on facebook, it was a blast. Gay men do tricky lingerie much better than 25 year old women. A lot of assless going on.
    Jess likes this.

New User

Thanks again for the advice.

We had a blast in lincoln rd, so many people, so many original and nice costumes.

And as usual I find astonishing the differences between my place and the US.
    In similar events in Switzerland (carnival) 50% of the people is smoking: I maybe saw 5 people smoking yesterday? No stinky clothes fuck yeah!.
    90% of the people has a drink in hand. Drunk people everywhere. Crowded and messy lines for buy drinks. Lincoln rd was the exact opposite.

Here a little picture of us.

Three things:
    1) My gf forgot ID in the appartment but luckily we haven t had any problem buying drinks (she's 22. I'm 28).
    2) We went to the wrong halloween store, the one in alton rd. Destroyed packages and no discounts. The one on lincoln had huge discounts.
    3) Some guy took a photo of us in his dslr, he said we could the see the pic online searching "miami halloween pics"... anyone knows where could we find this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast