Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Quote Originally Posted by inthebackwoods
    Gus, do you know how much tickets are for the Ferry that goes to the Dry Tontugas?
    Ticket from Key West to Dry Tortugas cost $120 for adults; $85 for children; and $110 for seniors. The ferry leaves daily at 8am, and the ferry ride takes 2 hours each way. Here's what's included:

* 4.5 hours at Fort Jefferson
    * Continental breakfast upon boarding
    * A tour of the Fort upon arrival
    * Buffet lunch served in the picnic area of Fort Jefferson
    * Free soft drinks, water and iced tea throughout the day
    * Snorkel gear
    * Freshwater rinse on board

The tour must be booked at least 48 hours in advance. You can buy tickets online here.

While you're in Key West you should also check out the Hemingway House and the above-ground cemetery that are both within walking distance to your hotel.

It will likely rain, sorry to say. That time of year, in my experience, seems to be the rainiest of the year. NOt neccesarily the hottest or the most unbearably humid, but definitely the rianiest. The nice ting about South Florida, though, is that it won't rain all day. Do your outdoor stuff in the morning so you can be safely inside by the time the rains roll in about 4.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Bring an umbrella with you. June is the second most rainy month in Key West:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Need help with Key West trip!

Hi folks. Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I searched and found this and figured I would just see if there are any updates to this advice? Seemed like we could just pick up where the thread left off a few years ago? We're going to make the A1A run from Miami to Key West on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Any additional advice would be welcome.

Also, I've always wanted to catch a sailfish. I'm under the impression that this would be sailfish season down in KW? If so, anybody know a good guide they could recommend?

Thanks for your help!

Did you want advice about the ferry?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Did you want advice about the ferry?
    Oh, I'm sorry, no, we're actually driving. Sorry for the confusing post. I was looking for any more recent info on the drive down. Thanks!

The drive is actually on US-1, not A1A. And that road, there's not much point in being on it if you don't have to before you get to the Keys. So take 836 West to Turnpike South and take that to the end. Which drops you off right before the Overseas Highway section of US-1 starts. Otherwise you will find yourself seeing such picturesque sights as Auto Dealierships, Target, McDonalds and Chevron stations for about 20 miles of light-infused traffic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12