Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Review of Miami Tour Company Key West Tour

I recently went on the Miami Tour Company's Key West Bus Tour again, and did the snorkeling trip for the first time also. As usual, I had a great time down in the Keys so thought I'd post a few photos in case any one is wondering what the day and Key West is like

The bus always picks you up on time from your departure point and both the driver and Pieter who is the bus host are so friendly and full of information. The trip down to Key West flies by at that time of the morning and I arrived in Key West around 10:30am, happy to be back in my home away from home!

I finally went on the snorkeling trip this time which you can sign up for on the bus if you haven't already decided to do so before hand when booking your trip. It departed at 1pm, and the 5 or so guys on the boat are fun, friendly and very informative. They are used to dealing with all levels of swimmers and snorkellers, and had wet suits on hand in case people thought the water would be too cold...after all it is January! After a smooth boat ride out to the coral reef, you are able to jump in to clear open water for an hour and swim and snorkel happily out from the boat while seeing everything beneath you. All equipment is included.

On the way back, alcohol is free and they are always on hand to top up your glass of beer, margaritas and many other drinks they have on deck. I arrived back at Mallory Square just after 4pm, and couldn't wait to go again.

The bus ride back whether you go back the same day or decide to stay overnight leaves around 5, and I got back to Miami beach shortly after 8:30pm. They have drinks and movies playing on the bus on the return and it is a very comfortable ride back. And you can't beat that view of the water.

As usual, as soon as I return from the Keys I am planning my next trip back! I hope you like the photos
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Very nice trip report!

Glenn and Janet

Love this, Jess! Thank you! Makes me want to go again too ...

Where does the bus drop off in Key West? Is it close to the square and Duval?

Default Re: Review of Miami Tour Company Key West Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I recently went on the Miami Tour Company's Key West Bus Tour again, and did the snorkeling trip for the first time also. As usual, I had a great time down in the Keys
    So jealous! I'm glad you had a great time!

Nice shots! Sounds like you had a great time. Was the water warm when you went snorkeling?

Thank you for the review, Jess! I love Key West; it is so relaxing

Maria, the bus drops off at the Mel Fisher Museum, located at 200 Greene Street; this is close to all the action.

I can't believe you were able to take 5 pictures of Key West and not have a chicken in any of them!

The water was ok actually. A very cool couple named Gus and Michelle bought me a wet suit for Christmas so I was fine jumping in! My friend didn't wear anything other than his shorts and he was ok also. Others on the trip were cold, but they just hired the wet suits provided and got in just fine.

Michelle, that is indeed a top spot! Good to know.