Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best pool in South Beach?

i would love to know where the best pool area is in sobe.

looking for big pool, beautiful views, drinks, and mostly adults, etc.

thinking we'll leave the beach for romantic strolls.............

Hi somebunny,

The best hotel pools are Delano (pure heaven, glamorous crowd, and i love the music and the drinks) Mondrian (amazing views of the bay), Gansevort(on the roofdeck so great views), Fountainblu,(huge pool area) and Lowes (I've never been but it's very popular because of it's pool area). Especially with the homeless people at night! The National has the longest pool, but you can't sit around it with chairs. Beware of kids at the Fountainblu and Lowes.

Default Re: best pool in sobe

awesome christy!

soooooooooooo, can we just walk into any of these places, grab a chair and chill ??????

My picks:

Top 2 tied for first place, are probably the pool at the Delano Hotel and the pool at the Raleigh Hotel. They satisfy your requirements of big pool, mostly (possibly all) adults, and drinks. There are no views of the beach/ocean from the pools themselves, but they are a short walk out the rear gate of the properties. The pools themselves are very nice looking.

Also nice, and running a third and forth place are the pools at the Shore Club and the National Hotel. The long pool at the National gets shaded much of the day, but there is an another, unshaded pool at the east end of the long pool.

I have not been to the Gansevoort South Hotel pool, but it is supposed to have a nice view. Several others on this site rave about the views and drinks there in the evening. The Gansevoort South is borderline being in "South Beach". The hotels mentioned earlier are better located.
    Last edited by GandJ; 02-04-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Default Re: best pool in sobe

Quote Originally Posted by somebunny View Post
    awesome christy!

soooooooooooo, can we just walk into any of these places, grab a chair and chill ??????
    Noooooooo! It doesn't work like that-these are upscale places where hotel guests pay a lot to enjoy the amenities. There's security, a pool concierge, waiters, etc to make sure it's just guests using the pool. The best pool to crash is the South Seas, near 17th and Collins. It's not fancy at all and no one cares if you just walk in.

Default Re: Best pool in South Beach?

yes of course, but do some of the hotels allow you to pay a day-use fee for the pool area?

yes of course, but do some of the hotels allow you to pay a day-use fee for the pool area?

The Raleigh did at one time. Not sure if they still do.

Glenn

None that I know of. If you get a treatment at the Standard spa you can use the pool. I know you can rent beach chairs at the Delano if you're not a guest. $20 each, and you can order from the bar menu, same thing at The Raliegh but the chairs are $15.

Here's a how-to if you're brave enough to sneak in!

A Peek Inside South Beach’s Best Hotel Pools

thanks christy, that was a great article. some of those pools look amazing. afraid i am not one of those brave people to try that. i'll stick to my hotel i think...

New User

I know it's not "the best" pools in South Beach, but anybody have an opinion of the 2 pools at Catalina? They get a lot of mixed reviews...

I like the pool at the Gansevoort hotel. It over looks the ocean and there is a bar right there that you can get drinks at. There are lots of cabanas and it has very easy beach access. I am a member of David Barton Gym and because of this I can use their pool anytime. If you want to access this pool without being a guest of the hotel, simply go into the gym that connects to the hotel, tell them you want a tour and ask about their trial pass. This pass will give you access to the pool for about a week. Just give them a fake phone# and email address so they can't bug you to sign up for a membership. However, I think they will only give tours to locals and I am not sure if you are local or not. The gym alone is a sight to see. <3 it! On a side note, I was told by a hotel once that if you are a paying customer of the hotel, meaning even if you just buy a bottle of water from the bar and keep the receipt, you can use their pool. You could always try calling the hotels and asking if you need to be a guest staying at the hotel to use their pool, or can it be used if you are just there for lunch/drinks. Good luck.

Shannon I like your style! bottle of water...LOL

:p Hey it worked in Key Largo. After they told me all I had to do is buy something from the bar to be considered a "paying customer" of the hotel and be able to use the hotel I said " so I could just buy a bottle of water ?! " Keeping in mind as I asked the front desk this, I was holding 2 bottles of water in my hand. LMAO. This was years ago, I was 21 and not sober at the moment, but that is how I learned this lil trick.

Quote Originally Posted by da_soopa View Post
    I know it's not "the best" pools in South Beach, but anybody have an opinion of the 2 pools at Catalina? They get a lot of mixed reviews...
    There's one on the roof and it's tiny. They have big sunbeds nicely set up and music playing. It's a small space but pretty. Maxine is the sister hotel so maybe the other pool is there?

I know you guys are focusing on SoBe, but as an FYI, the Venetian Pool re-opened the other day in Coral gables. I've only been able to catch a glimpse when they went through major renovations about two years ago. The place looks awesome, and better yet, I understand the water is frigid. Just like I like it.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    There's one on the roof and it's tiny. They have big sunbeds nicely set up and music playing. It's a small space but pretty. Maxine is the sister hotel so maybe the other pool is there?
    I guess ........ I'm not really sure, I've never been there, but they advertise having 2 pools.

1 Rooftop Pool and 1 Bamboo Pool
    "The Catalina Hotel & Beach Club's Bamboo pool is a tropical oasis surrounded by tall, lush bamboo trees with comfortable lounge chairs and cabanas located in our North building." - taken from their website.

I'm thinking of staying there, but the reviews make it seem like they are in to trick photography..... if you know what I mean...

I know the Catalina has all different parts to it, bar, lounge, club, hotel part, etc.. but the sushi bar part.. I ate there (inside) and it looked like some sort of old haunted library. I felt like I was on a bad acid trip while trying to eat my dinner :p

I heard of the Venetian Pools long ago before I moved here, it has been on my " to check out list " for a long time

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

I've crashed just about every pool in South Beach and there are three important things to remember.

1. Spend money. Tip very well.

2. Be very, very polite to the staff.

3. Dress the part and act like you belong.

I've crashed The Delano, The Shore Club, The Hotel (it is still one of my favorites because it was one of the first rooftop pools), The Raleigh, The National, The Ritz-Carlton and a few others. The only one I could not crash was The Loews because they want your room card.

It is easiest to get into hotel pools through the front door and just walk out the back. The Delano and Shore Club put security up at the beach entrances if there are celebs at the pool but if you look the part, they will just tell you to go around to the front.

Hi somebunny!

The Mondrian has a pool party too. It's on the bay side: An Insider’s Look at the New Mondrian Hotel Pool Party - Miami Beach 411

I've never crashed a pool, but security at The Raleigh is like the gestapo sometimes. Keep that in mind.

Fredthecat, you are brave! Maybe you should write an article about that for us!

The pool at Monty's is free and open to patrons. It's not glamorous or big, but it's right next to the tiki bar.

Default Day Rates at South Beach Hotel Pools for Non-Guests

Just made a few phone calls. If you want to rent a cabana, it's best to book in advance.

The National (best deal!)
    $25 a day per person, includes towel, pool lounge chair PLUS beach chair and umbrella, so you can go back and forth from the beach to the pool
    $60 cabana for 4 people, 4 hours, includes fruit plate or two drinks
    $100 cabana for 4 people, all day

Delano Hotel
    $450/day for a cabana, includes towels & bottled water

Raleigh
    Monday - Thursday $25 a day per person, includes lounge chair, towel
    $250/day all week

Ritz Carlton
    Pool private for guests only. No day rates.

Fountainbleu Hotel
    Monday - Friday cabanas range from $250 - $550
    Saturday & Sunday cabanas range from $450 - $750

Gansevoort Hotel
    No day passes or cabanas for non-guests.

The Shore Club
    No day passes for non-guests. They don't have cabanas.

The Standard Hotel
    Includes access to spa sauna, steam room, turkish hamam etc; bring your own towel and water
    Monday - Thursday $40 day pass per person
    Friday - Sunday $75

Mondrian
    waiting to hear back from them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast