Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jwisdom789

Thread: Miami Wedding Locations?

New User

Question Miami Wedding Locations?

My fiance and I are moving to Coral Gables this coming month, and we plan to get married in Miami. I am not familiar with the area, but I am looking for a private estate company that does rentals for weddings, or some type of venue that has that feel to it. I'm not exactly looking for a hotel where they have weddings every weekend, I want something unique and beautiful. Any suggestions of where to look?

Hi fashionista!

Welcome to MiamiBeach411! This venue looks gorgeous..it's historic, has a sprawling lawn, and seems like they could easily do a 5 star affair. http://www.sylviasweddings.com/gallery.html And it's in Coral Gables!
    Goral Gables itself has some amazingly beautiful Spanish style churches..you could get marred there and then have the reception elsewhere.

Believe it or not, you don't see lots of weddings at hotels in Miami. I've seen one at the Setai, and two at the National. Many of the posh hotels don't allow it.

The most popular place for weddings is the former Versace Mansion. Although beautiful and very Miami, it's a popular venue for weddings so I don't know if you'll like that. It's so pretty that I wouldn't care. Not everyone can say they got married there! The area by the pool turns into a dance floor and with the pool all lit up at night it's spectacular. Also, as part of the deal you can get them to throw in rooms for guests. They said this costs them nothing since the rooms are there anyway and will just stay empty. (I applied for a wedding coordinator position there)...but since everyone got arrested and I never got an interview I don't mind sharing insider info.

Name:  versace-mansion-2.jpg
Views: 15133
Size:  100.9 KB

New User

Thanks for the info, Christy! I have been looking at the Versace Mansion as a possibility, so thanks for the extra info. One question, you said everyone got arrested, everyone at the hotel got arrested?

You're welcome! Nope, just the corrupt management. Oh and I meant to say married not marred!

Besides the Versace Mansion, isn't Viscaya used for weddings too?

I've seen plenty of weddings, literally on the beach. The idea seems romantic to some folks, but if it rains all of a sudden....

You might also want to check out this place in North Miami Beach,

http://www.spanishmonastery.com/

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Beautiful venues are going to get used for weddings.

In addition to Vizcaya and Versace Mansion, I would check into the Deering Estate.

I also highly recommend a local wedding planner. I wouldn't dream of trying to do a big wedding in Miami without one.

Good luck!

Hi fashionista and welcome to the forums!

We have some other threads on the same subject I encourage you to check out:

Miami Blogger Seeks Out Wedding Venues

Need help planning a wedding

Yipee! Pre-move trip booked!

In addition to what's mentioned above:

This is a new venue north of downtown Miami that I hear is lovely: http://www.villa221.com/Villa/Villa221.html

Also check out Villa Woodbine: http://www.billhansencatering.com/in...=article&id=21

The Barnacle is another beautiful waterfront property nearby.

Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is spectacular. Matheson Hammock Park next door is a nice more casual option and Redfish Grill does private wedding parties there.

Schnebly Winery in the Redlands has beautiful grounds and pavilion.

Plymouth Congregational Church is gorgeous (I hear there's a waiting list though)

If you don't mind going a little further north, try the Bonnet House in Fort Lauderdale.

PS I also love the Deering Estate.

By the way, if you need a photographer, I know a great one.

I would definitely have to say go for Vizcaya I think that would be an awesome place.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi fashionista,

Congratulations on the wedding and moving to Coral Gables.

I think Miami is a great city to get married.

How many people are attending?

What is the approximate date?

If you're considering an outdoor wedding, make sure to keep our rainy season in mind.

I'm not exactly looking for a hotel where they have weddings every weekend, I want something unique and beautiful.
    Have you considered getting married on the rooftop of a building in Miami?.

We have a lot of building to choose from.

Michelle and I got married on the roof of a mid-rise in South Beach (119 Washington Ave), overlooking Nikki Beach. We had had 50 people attend. The building charged us $1,000, and let us bring appetizers and champagne. After the ceremony, we all walked a few blocks to a nearby restaurant for dinner. Here's a few pics from the roof.

South Pointe Park is also a pretty spot for a small, quick ceremony.

Whatever you do, don't try to get a permit for a weeding on the beach. If you want to get married on the sand, I've seen people do it at the beach on Key Biscayne. Otherwise, it's probably needs to be organized by a hotel.

Speaking if hotels, the Alexander is a nice, out-of-the-way hotel in Mid Miami Beach that is reasonably priced.

I am not familiar with the area, but I am looking for a private estate company that does rentals for weddings, or some type of venue that has that feel to it.
    Miami Beach 411 has a wedding section -

http://www.miamibeach411.com/weddings.html

My apologies if it's not up-to-date.

I bartended a wedding at Vizcaya once, and it was perfect. They have great outdoor gardens for the ceremoney and the house is beautiful.

That said, make sure yout don't plan in the winter months. I think it was like 40 degrees the night I worked and all the guests froze. And the food did too.

The Miami Circle is now available for events too. It's a gorgeous riverfront location.

I think it depends on what time of event you are going for. There are a lot of options here. I'm a wedding photographer and I typically will go to a different venue on a regular basis. There are just so many to choose from. You might check out Coral Cables country club. It's not your typical country club and I love it. Also the Mayfair hotel in The cables has a beautiful courtyard. If you go on my blog and go to categories and click "wedding venues" we've gone to different venues and done reviews. Complete with video and pictures.

http://www.beyondordinaryblog.net/ca...ding-venues-2/

Candice

Hi Candice, thanks for stopping by. You do have beautiful photos of venues on your blog.

I think you meant Mayfair Hotel in Coconut Grove. That's another unique property.

Yep....sorry. I'm geographically challenged. But, I love my gps

New User

Default Re: Miami Wedding Locations?

If you are looking for a private estate you should check out The Miller Plantation! It is stunning and I think a pretty exclusive location. They work with a caterer called Best Miami Weddings, so it is possible to have your wedding there. There is also one called Comber Hall in Coral Gables that is also beautiful (same caterer)! But, seeing as you are looking to get married in Miami I would say the Miller Plantation is the best one to check out

Default Re: Miami Wedding Locations?

Looks like this was originally posted over 5 years ago. She's probably married and has a few kids by now .
    Jess likes this.