Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Taxi fare and time it takes, from Port of Miami to Airport?

Hey everybody.. I'm taking a cruise the next month and I'd really like to know 2 things:

1. How much is a taxi fare between Miami port ( the one I get from Royal Caribbean cruises) and Miami Airport?

2. Does anybody knows how long does it take to go out from my ship to the airport??( itinerary says I'll be arriving at 7 am) The thing is I'll be taking a plane on the same day at about 10 am, so I'd like to know if the whole process of leaving the cruise, taking my suitcase and taking a cab it's as simple and fast as it sounds or do I really have to wait a long time before I can go out?? I can't miss my flight... Thanx a lot for ur help

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to Miami Beach 411.

The taxi fare from Port of Miami to Miami Airport costs about $25. The travel time takes 25 minutes, or less. If you depart the ship by 8 AM you should have plenty of time.

You might even meet someone on the cruise and share the ride back to the airport.

Have a great vacation!

Gus are you free today between 2-7?

If you are worried for time, get ready to disembark the ship promptly. They disembark by cabin numbers and decks but speak to the front desk on board about getting off early. It is always a rush to get off the ship so I'd be ready by 6:30am in place. Find out which side ship they are using also for the gangway.

Once you disembark, you have to clear customs. But then the taxis are just outside so you should get on your way pretty quickly. Really the only hold up is getting off the ship so be ready for 6:30am as they sometimes come in sooner and you should be fine.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Today, I have an appointment at 1:30pm, and should be free after 5pm.

Why do you ask? Do you want to share a ride?

Ha ha no, I just meant you could easily pretend to me answering the phones for MTC today!