Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rk

Thread: Courtyard Marriott on Washington ave.

New User

Default Courtyard Marriott on Washington ave.

Me and a few girlfriends are going to be visiting June 18-22. We're staying at the courtyard marriott, for the most part the reviews are quite positive. Just wanted to get the opinions of some locals... is this hotel a good pick for our group? We're all late twenties and are wanting to enjoy our time in Miami at some fun restaurants, day drinking, night time bar-hopping, beach fun and a little shopping. It seems the hotel is in a pretty prime location? At $167 a night, can we do any better?

Default Re: Courtyard Marriott on Washington ave.

It's fine. Like it's a Courtyard by marriott so you know what you're getting. Nothing trendy or crazy like the big, fancy new spots but a good hotel and the price seems good. I've known a lot of people who've stayed there and never heard a major complaint.

New User

Do you think I can do any better for the rate I'm getting at Courtyard, hotel wise? Is the hotel in a good location or would you recommend something closer to the beach? Thanks!

rk

$167/night is not a bad rate for south beach. You can do better in a number of ways:

(1) Wait until the last minute to book.
    (2) Monitor travel deal sites like travelzoo.com - sign up for their newsletter.
    (3) Get the deals on Priceline or Hotwire, stick with 4 stars, or at least 3.5 stars, 3-star is risky in south beach.
    (4) Consider a private condo rental.
    Jess likes this.

rk

Re. closer to the beach, Washington Ave is not bad, about a 10 min walk to the beach. The main problem around the Courtyard is it's on a very busy section of Washington, so a couple of busy roads to cross. At the same time you are around the corner from Lincoln Road Mall which is a big plus. I would consider closer to beach (a) if I got a hotel nearer the beach at a similar rate and/or (b) going to the beach a lot was the main reason for my trip.