Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Searching hotel "Sans Soucis"

25 years ago, we went on honeymoon in Miami Beach.

This year, I'd like to come back with my wife.

We came in the area fontainebleau at the "sans soucis hotel". After research, I thinck it doesn't exist anymore or it was renamed.

I'm searching information to find back the hotel or the place where it was. Perhaps you could have and send me some information about it (adress, old pictures, ...).

Thanck you for your help

Hi belgianhm2,

Welcome!! The San Souci hotel took up a whole block on Collins Ave. between 31st & 32nd Streets. A hotel by that name is no longer standing. There are now condo buidlings in its place.

An old photo of the Sans Souci is below. Does it look familar?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

New User

Dear Michelle,

what a fast answer... thanck you very much

It seems to be the good one.
    I presume that your picture was taken some years before we came but geometry, orientation and the shape of windows seems to be as I remember.
    We passed a first week in the room 805, during the second, we went to Orlando and we came back to the sans-soucis hotel for the third week.
    We were known as 805 even if during this third week we had changed of room and had one at the seaside.
    On the picture, I see a tower at the right side. I think that it's possible that there were 8 levels.

I'll certainly go there beginning february

Best regards

x. Belgianhm2

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts about how the area has changed.

What are your plans while you're here?

New User

Dear Michelle,

We'll be in Miami on the 8-9 only. The week before, we'll be in Key West
    We'll certainly go to the place and have a look to the buildings, the ocean and also the art-deco district of Miami Beach.
    I hope to have enough time to see some place we didn't see last summer
    I've looked to the links on your adress. Do you manage the different tours by yourself?
    Even if the time will be short, I'm always interested to know what would be possible.

Good evening

Belgianhm2

Hi belgianhm2,

We are partners with the tour operator that provides the sightseeing tours around Miami. We coordinate the reservations and they operate the tour.

If you would like to arrange something, let me know.

Have fun!!

New User

Dear Michelle,

we leave tommorow from Belgium. As administrator, could you send me your e-mail adress on mine?

I'll try to contact you back when I'll arrive in florida.

Best regards

X. BelgianHM2

New User

Hi guys,

I know this is an old thread, but I have a video on YouTube of my grandparents who honeymooned at the Sans Souci in 1951:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMRfcScQ4Yk

Enjoy, guys!

rk

Very interesting. Thanks for posting that :)
    I liked the airport one also.

New User

According to Google Earth, the Sans Souci closed at some point between January 25, 1995 and February 20, 1999, confirmed by the historical view feature.

Hello - We have just joined this website. I would like to make a comment about the former Sans Souci Hotel. The moderator indicated that it no longer exists, and has been turned into condos. That is only partly true. While the name "Sans Souci" is no longer associated with that location, the bulding still exists. There no condos there. Today it is operated as the "Riu Florida Beach" Hotel. "Riu" is a major Spanish hotel chain that started in Majorca, Spain. The hotel building is basically the same as it was, but the entire pool area has been remodeled. No more rectagular pool with the curvy scalloped edge on the south side. Now it is an irregular shaped pool with landscaped grounds. The old elevated sunning deck on the south side of the pool is also gone. Here is the website for the Riu.

http://www.riu.com/en-us/Paises/usa-...each/index.jsp

When I was a kid, I stayed at the Sans Souci with my parents in 1973. Fond memories.

New User

Question Re: Searching hotel "Sans Soucis"

"When I was a kid, I stayed at the Sans Souci with my parents in 1973."

Hi,
    I just came across your post on Miami411 while searching for info on the San Souci, especially from the 70's. I stayed there with my parents in 1974- so around the same time you did. I'm wondering if you happen to have any photographs from your stay there that you would photograph and email me. I'm especially interested in lobby, lower level, pool area and MOST of all the "lounge" with the Bobby Fields Trio entertaining in there at night. I would be so grateful if you happen to have any photos you would share with me. I sure do wish I could go back in time and take photos of those years (1970's)
    THank you very much! I hope you get this message!
    Kaye A.
    KMALBE at gmail dot com