Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Matt Meltzer

Thread: Marriott Stanton South Beach

Default Marriott Stanton South Beach

I'm just wondering if anyone has spent any time recently at the Marriott Stanton South Beach? My wife and I have stayed here on a few different occasions, as recently as last July, and really enjoy the hotel. The rooms were all updated recently, and seemed very modern. We'll be staying there again this July, but I've been reading where they are undergoing construction on other parts of the hotel. I know they are redoing the lobby, adding several new restaurants, and redoing the pool deck/pool area. We've contacted the hotel to see if the pool would be under construction when we're there, but no one can seem to give us a straight answer. Has anyone been by here recently to see how "under construction" it looks? As always, I appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks!

Default Re: Marriott Stanton South Beach

Hey Mizzou - I have asked their PR reps to chime in here, or at least get me an answer that I can pass along. Please stand by....

Matt,

Thanks for your help. I look forward to reading their response.

And here's the response....
    The pool is slated to be shut down in July and complete by September 10th

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    And here's the response....
    The pool is slated to be shut down in July and complete by September 10th

Matt,

Thanks for checking in to this for me. My wife and I are going to be there from July 19-24th, so it looks like it may be closed when we're there. Did they give you any indication of how they plan to accommodate guests who have no pool to use? If not, what is something reasonable that my wife and I can suggest? Wouldn't it be fair for them to reimburse guests for any charges related to chairs on the beach? I know that's run by another company, but when we stayed at this hotel last July, we were able to charge the chairs and umbrella on the beach to our room. They are offering a very reasonable rate for the week we are there ($183/night), so they may not want to offer anything else, but to me not having a pool is a big inconvenience to your guests. Your thoughts? Or anyone else's for that matter. Thanks!

It might be lower specifically BECAUSE the pool is inoperative. How does that compare to times when the pool was in use?

It is very hard to get anything free in Miami. I am pretty sure they will say that there were warnings before you booked... although you never know, they may provide their own chairs on the beach. July is low season here so they probably hope they'll get away with it.

It might be lower specifically BECAUSE the pool is inoperative. How does that compare to times when the pool was in use?
    Matt,

$183 a night is the cheapest I've seen for this hotel. In high times it is anywhere from $299 to $500 per night. You're probably right, in that they've considered the pool being closed when charging this rate. I know the ocean and beach are just out the back door of this hotel, so not having a pool wouldn't be the end of the world. I just feel like they haven't been extremely forthcoming with being able to do anything to compensate their guests for the inconvenience. For instance, when you go to book on Marriott's website, it doesn't, or at least it didn't when I booked, mention anything about the hotel being under construction, or the pool being possibly inoperative. We'll be fine, as we really like this location in SoFi, but it would be nice if they could work something out with the Hilton next door if guests just want to use a pool and not the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    It is very hard to get anything free in Miami. I am pretty sure they will say that there were warnings before you booked... although you never know, they may provide their own chairs on the beach. July is low season here so they probably hope they'll get away with it.
    Jess,

Thanks for the info. We'll see if there anything they can do for us, depending on the state of the construction, when we arrive. The worst they can do is say no, so it never hurts to ask.

Well, the there thing to consider is Miami can be really delayed with work, and times. So you may arrive and the pool is open. That's why they don't want to announce it, as it may (and probably will) change.

Just as an FYI to anyone who is looking to stay here, per my conversation with the hotel, the pool will be closed starting on July 19th through some point in September, due to renovations. Due to the inconvenience, they are comping two chairs and an umbrella on the beach each day for their guests. They are also looking into pool options for their guests at another hotel, but did not have anything finalized on that front. Even through there seems to be a good bit of construction going on at this hotel, my wife and I really love the hotel and its location too much to change. The rate is one of the lowest I've ever seen it.

Thanks for the good info!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou233 View Post
    Just as an FYI to anyone who is looking to stay here, per my conversation with the hotel, the pool will be closed starting on July 19th through some point in September, due to renovations. Due to the inconvenience, they are comping two chairs and an umbrella on the beach each day for their guests. They are also looking into pool options for their guests at another hotel, but did not have anything finalized on that front. Even through there seems to be a good bit of construction going on at this hotel, my wife and I really love the hotel and its location too much to change. The rate is one of the lowest I've ever seen it.
    I miss my Marriott days...$59/night for me or family to stay there! :-( and $84 at the Eden Roc

With this new gay marriage thing, my bro-in-law booked me The W in Chicago with his Starwood benefit.
    I'm assuming this is extended to all husbands and they won't even date asking. $89 a nt. I'm actually paying more than dbl that at a Hilton Garden Inn in Chesterton, IN one by during trip.
    Great perk.
    Last edited by Blackford Oakes; 07-07-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Hotels would turn away same sex couples?

No I think Blackford is referring to scamming the good-natured Marriott friends and family discount b claiming he's "married" to his brother in law. That's how I read it at least, I may be wrong there.
    Jess and Marc Middleton like this.

No I think Blackford is referring to scamming the good-natured Marriott friends and family discount b claiming he's "married" to his brother in law. That's how I read it at least, I may be wrong there.
    Yes, I agree that's what he's getting at :-)

Putting aside his political disdain to save some bucks on a hotel room :-) :-)

Oh ok. Whatever works.

Sorry for the typo that might have lead to confusion.

It's a great perk that I used many times with reservations under the Mrs.' name. It's common a sister will have a different last name than her brother. It was never a problem.

Why not take advantage of a new loophole and save $500.

Not sure about Marriott; under this program with Starwood you also get a 50% discount on food & beverages.

Too bad The Diplomat is no longer a Westin.