• 2 Post By elchevere
  • 1 Post By elchevere

Thread: Mixed Feelings on Hyatt Centric

Default Mixed Feelings on Hyatt Centric

Had high hopes but have mixed feelings.

Pro's:

Got a great rate of $134 per night
    Access to Exhale Gym at Loews for $10
    Rooms fairly nice with rain shower in middle of room (euro style) but with textured glass
    Larger than a standard room at Gale

Con's:

Windows facing Collins not as soundproof as those at Redbury
    Construction at building next door starting at 7AM
    Front desk staff not as polished as that at Redbury.
    Good sunlight from Collins but typical shitty hotel lighting in bathroom.
    Full length mirror (more important for women) absent.

Can't quite put my finger on it--would probably choose Redbury over Hyatt and maybe Gale (smaller rooms but better resto and cool bar/club). Will give it another 2 days to think about it...strange entrance, around corner with Lobby on 3rd floor.
    Last edited by elchevere; 08-20-2015 at 08:10 PM.
    rk and Matt Meltzer like this.

Default Re: Mixed Feelings on Hyatt Centric

It seemed like a really awkward design when I went in there. Never saw the rooms, but good to know. Thanks!

Default Re: Mixed Feelings on Hyatt Centric

I thought, at minimum, they should announce on their website or upon check-in that there is construction taking place next door (which appears that it could last more than a few months)--and that it starts at 7AM rather than at 9AM when it is supposed to, including on a Saturday....if they, the hotel, cannot get Miami Beach Code Compliance to take action then, given the amount of business Hyatt Hotels does in the state of Florida, they should involve someone from their own corporate offices to bitch louder to the Code Compliance group.....when I checked out and I reminded them of the noise issue, their response was "well, but you liked everything else about the hotel...right?"....I wasn't looking for a freebie, but I felt they could have handled the situation better.

For a similar price in a similar boutique style hotel on 'the other side' of Collins Avenue, I am definitely more inclined to stay at The Gale or The Redbury. It's ashame, because this hotel has some potential but also some obvious flaws--flaws that I never experienced when The Redbury opened as a new property.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    It seemed like a really awkward design when I went in there. Never saw the rooms, but good to know. Thanks!
    Last edited by elchevere; 08-25-2015 at 12:02 AM.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.