Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default One Night Standard App

Thought I mentioned this before, but have any of you locals downloaded the One Night Standard app for the Standard Hotel..,,starting at 3PM they offer unsold rooms at pretty damn good rates for that evening....I just checked now and you could get a room at $159 (plus resort fee and taxes) for this evening...I've seen rates as low as $129 per night in the summer.. Again, only after 3PM for that night, pending availability, and they even will give you the option at time of booking for a second night at same rate..

If you are having a late lunch and are at this hotel at 3PM, you might as well check to see if they have any rooms available through this app and pay a reduced amount not only to be able to hang at the pool and use the facilities but get a room for that evening--for yourself and/or a friend...same deal at other Standard Hotels if you travel....of course, the rates will be higher during peak season if they even have availability...with the busy season now over you might want to use this app.
    Last edited by elchevere; 04-19-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Default Re: One Night Standard App

Wow, great advice thank you! I live down the road so hardly seems worth it to stay in a Miami hotel, but might actually be fun

Considering they charge $150 to hang at their pool, you might as well get a room out of the deal...or tag along with an out of town friend at the pool if they get a room.

Quote Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
    Considering they charge $150 to hang at their pool, you might as well get a room out of the deal...or tag along with an out of town friend at the pool if they get a room.
    One of my favorite spots, thanks for the tip!

Surprised other hotels don't do this now with the 'on-demand' economy of today. Rooms / Tickets / Flights are all perishable so one would think it'd be better to get $99 out of a room instead of holding firm at $159 and letting it go vacant.
    Companies are worried about their image becoming 'discount' properties but something like this is a lot different than slashing rates all over the internet.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't even know where the Standard is in MB. That's not going to surprise anyone.

I'm familiar with The Standard as it's roof top bar was an after work hang out in DT LA. They even bounced movies off buildings some nights. I believe it was the first Standard, then they took over a distressed property on the Sunset Strip. As I predicted they couldn't do much to it.

The rate seems great and I'll dab and look into homecoming week this Fall just for the rate, and in-case Hotel Figueroa doesn't open by then after refurbishment. As you can tell, I'm old school ... yet I appreciate modern.

Probably why I don't overnight at W 's anymore. Pretty much the same minimalism except for the wallet, which is why this is good 411.

My last W stay was OK in Broward ..... Any opinions on the W Hotel in Ft Lauderdale? As for hotels, I think generally, they're akin ( W and The Standard) and attract the same market.

Eche, do they still have heated sand at the W's Bar in San Diego ? Had a drink or two there before I continued S to Playas de Tijuana for a $30 motel room in front of the beach.

Great info, bro I might actually use.

W San Diego has been bought out by Marriott...too bad, was a good spot when I first moved here 13 years ago and I lived about a 5 minute walk away.

Standard was selling at $129 last night, Wednesday, but if you wanted to add Thursday at time of booking the next night was $279--so YMMV.

The Standard is on Belle Isl, which is on the Miami Beach side of the Venetian Causeway. Overlooks Sunset Harbor.

It's not much like the W at all, really. And old 50s-era low-rise hotel that was highly modernized. It's chic now, but not in the glass and steel way the Ws are. I like it, and will def get that app.

Thanks for the heads up.