Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By elchevere

Thread: Hyatt Regency Always Treats Me Like a King

Default Hyatt Regency Always Treats Me Like a King

When I can get a deal at The Epic, that is my first preference--because of their great pool, nice gym, and on site restaurants.

However, the average nightly rate is normally above what my company will reimburse me for; therefore, I usually end up staying at the Hyatt Regency across the street....though slightly dated, the hotel suits my purpose with a great location, often great rates (this past week my room rate averaged $134/night) and I usually end up spending some time over at The Epic anyways....as a Platinum (Hyatt loyalty program) member, the hotel has gone out of their way to take care of me--(1) I often get an upgraded room at no extra cost--many times, a higher floor suite with a water view; and (2) I have never seen a hotel that takes care of me the way they do--I usually fly the overnight redeye from San Diego, since this is the only nonstop available to Miami, and arrive at the hotel around 6;00AM...if the hotel is not sold out and there is a room available, as was the case this past visit, they let me check in upon arrival and do not charge me extra....on this last visit, I did not ask nor expect anything but I mentioned my return flight on the day of my departure was not until the evening and I was not planning on heading the airport until 5 or 5:30PM that afternoon and was looking for suggested options as to where I could shower and change into my suit....the young lady at the front desk checked the hotel occupancy/arrival schedule for that night and said it would be no problem extending my late check out to 5:00PM, also at no extra cost.....I essentially got an extra night stay at no additional cost !!...talk about customer service.

The staff at this hotel remembers me whenever I return....great place to stay with great staff as well as a great location. YMMV with respect to the same treatment I get, but I highly recommend this hotel.
    Last edited by elchevere; 11-18-2016 at 02:25 PM.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

Default Re: Hyatt Regency Always Treats Me Like a King

That's pretty awesome with the early/late check in and out. Glad you found a nice hotel to suit your needs before moving!