Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default The Dania Beach Motel 6: A Perfect Place to Stay Cheap (Pictures)

During a recent trip to South Florida, I stayed at one of the best bargains around: the Motel 6 in Dania Beach (825 E Dania Beach Blvd, Dania, FL, 33004, 954-921-5505). Located on Dania Beach Blvd between Highway 1 and the A1A, it is ideally situated between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, allowing you to experience the best of what those two cities have to offer, without all the traffic and expense. South Beach is only a 20-30 minute drive; Fort Lauderdale is a bit less.

The hotel was clean, manned with friendly staff, and peacefully set in the midst of a beautiful natural area abundant in mangrove trees and Australian pines, but the best thing was the price. For two people booking over the Internet, their weeknight rate was only $50.39 per night with $5.54 tax, making the total for a two night stay of $111.86 during the low season. That would just cover the cost of a valet in South Beach! (almost). Wi-Fi cards are available at a rate of $2.99 per 24-hour period.

The Hollywood Beach Boardwalk and John U. Lloyd Nature Center were only a short jaunt down the road, as was the Dania Beach Pier, where pelicans and fishermen compete for assorted ocean delicacies.

Meanwhile, back at the hotel, the swimming pool was heating up so much, it was beginning to look like a scene from Big Brother: Prague...

And lastly, be sure to check out the back fence in the evening and early morning hours. In addition to the obligatory raccoons, there are a few African green monkeys hanging out back there! No one's sure if they were laboratory escapees or extras from an old Tarzan movie, but they're a sight not to be missed!

Speaking of animals, you don't have to leave yours at home. Pets are invited (technically one per room) at no additional fee.
    Attached Images Attached Images                       

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Doug, this is a great photo essay of the Motel 6 in Dania. Back in '92, I stayed there and enjoyed it very much. My room was in the rear of the hotel, which added to the privacy.

Although $2.99 a day is super cheap for internet access, especially at a hotel, did you have to use one of their WiFi cards to connect?

This is the third time I've stayed there. I really like it, too. Unlike most Motel 6's, which are practically built into freeway exits, this one enjoys a much more stimulating setting surrounded by natural preserves. The back really gives you the Animal Planet experience at its best. We were on the west side, though.

Not to fear, though, civilization is just a stone's throw away -- just to the west are a few mini-malls with grocery stores and such. A propos, if you do go supermarket shopping there, go to the Publix instead of the Winn Dixie. I went to the Winn Dixie and it felt really ghetto. The cashier was so involved in a conversation she was having with the bag girl that I almost didn't get my $20 cash back...!

The Wi-Fi cards they give you are kind of like prepaid calling cards. They come in cellophane, and you scratch off a special code number that you enter on their webpage. And, yes, theirs was the only signal within range.