Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Our Summary Review of Hotels in South Beach

Default Re: Our Summary Review of Hotels in South Beach

Quote Originally Posted by GandJ View Post
    2zippyjet -

Nice write-up, and great point about the A/C. So far, the A/C has worked well in all my reviews above (and I like it cool for sleeping). I'll soon be adding the Z-Ocean, Park Central, and Victor Hotels to the reviews.

Glenn
    Glenn thank you for the endorsement. I hope you or someone gets to review the Shelborne. The Shelborne is most definitely a "Wild Card," when it comes to lodging in Sobe and reviews. Can go either way.

New User

Does anyone have any information on the Dream Hotel? How is the pool scene?

Good to see thiw as "sticky" as we have an interest in this as will be in Riu in May so bit of a pity that the review was a bit dated .Still its great to see so many people offer help and assistance simply as a matter of courtesay !!

Travelled mainly in the East so will be nice wee change to go against the clock !!

Cant wait

Didn't see this earlier...I've never heard of the Dream Hotel having a pool "scene" to speak of. But the hotel itself is very nice. High end place on line with any of the others. They don't have a set "pool party" though, so the scene may not be anything special.

New User

Hi Michelle, it's so nice to hear this list of summary reviews.

Dee
    New User

Hi there....my first ever post! I'm visiting Miami for the first time from Scotland in September to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and are doing a tour of the state...Miami, Key West, Tampa, Pensacola and New Orleans.

Our first stop is Miami so looking for a cool hotel near the beach. The reviews by Gus and Janet were so helpful! I've looked at 2 other hotels and wondered if anyone could recommend or advise against them?!
    The Lord Balfour (350 Ocean Drive, formally The Wave Hotel) and the Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach (940 Ocean Drive)

Also, if anyone can recommend a great hotel on Key West too..much appreciated!!

Dee

Hi Dee, welcome! The Wave has been remodeled and is in a great location. Ocean Dr but not too busy. My parents stayed there twice when it was the Wave and had no complaints.

The other location is in the noisier section, but that doesn't mean your hotel will be. It's just a busier section of South Beach.

Key West has some hotels, but mainly b and b's. I like the Historic Key West chain, they have 5 or 6 properties that are lovely to stay in.

New User

I wish I had found these reviews days before, that way we wouldn't had to stay at Country Inn Thank you Glenn!!!

New User

Hi - helpful posts - thank you. - First time to South Florida - 25th Anniv.- September - we are doing 3 nights in South Beach before continuing down to the Keys for 4 more days.
    I agree - it's all about the pool / grounds / and beach access and I would throw in balcony also.

I am torn between the coolness of W South Beach and the accessibility to everything of Loews.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Dan

Definitely the W. No kids and a much nicer hotel IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12