Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Question Is North Beach area safe for tourists?

We were recommended to stay at a new hotel located close to the 73th street in Miami Beach. However, I read then some negative comments about this area and so I am wondering whether the place is finally safe and nice (notably for two french tourists planning to come back to their hotel sometimes late in the evening and to park their car in the street)?

thank you in advance for your answers!

Closer to the water, you should be ok. That's like Collins ave. Once you get a little further west, I wouldn't say it's an UNsafe area, necessarily. But also not an area I'd leave any valuables in your car. If you catch my drift. What's the address of the place?

New User

Default Re

Thank you. I think the hotel is quite close to the beach since it is on Harding Avenue, between the 73rd street and the 74th street.

Hi mooney, welcome to the forums!

That area is pretty safe and largely residential. I used to live on 80th and Harding and I was fine. You're probably staying at one of those boutique hotels in the residential zone.

Actually, in some ways it's a lot safer than South Beach. You won't find the number of crazy drunk club goers, con artists, hookers, drug addicts and homeless people in North Beach that you find in South Beach!

Check with your hotel about street parking. I'm not sure if you can park on the side streets there without a residential decal. It used to be free, but that may have changed. Never leave your valuables in a car ANYWHERE in Miami. If you have anything in the car, put it in the trunk.

Here is an official website from the city about the area: North Beach News

While you are there, check out the North Shore State Recreation Area (80th and Collins), Cafe Prima Pasta (71st and Harding) and Shucker's (71st street causeway in North Bay Village).

New User

Default Re:

Hi Maria,

Thank you very much for all these helpful information. Indeed, I'll check with the hotel for the free street parking and won't leave any valuables in the car.

New User

Default North Bay Village?

Hi,

We're now thinkinf North Bay Village, is this place safe enough?

Thanks

Hi Butcherd, North Bay Village is pretty safe too. It is a bit isolated from all the action and a few minutes drive from the beach proper. Did you manage to find a place?