Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default What's near Howard Johnson on 8701 Collins Ave.?

Hi all,

Myself and two friends will be staying 5 nights in Miami Beach starting this Saturday. We are staying at the Howard Johnson on 8701 Collins Ave. We have a rental car, but I was wondering, are there any good bars around this area that is within walking distance? Or for that matter, anything of interest that is near this location?

We went with a cheaper hotel that is on the beach, which is perfect for a bunch of college kids. I'm not into the club scene, I enjoy a more relaxed bar with live-music, and that sort of thing.

Can not WAIT for this vacation...we plan on deep sea fishing, hitting the dog races/poker, hitting up many of the beaches, partying at South Beach, and just having one hell of a good time.

Thanks in advance!

Hi cbrzana,

Welcome and thanks for posting! There is an Argentine community built up around that area. Near 76th street, 11 blocks south, you will find lots of Argentine Cafes and also some bars. I can't be more specific as I haven't gone there to walk around in quite some time. However, there is one place you definitely should go to Nature Boyz at the Log Cabin Nursery.

Have a great time!!!

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi cbrzana, welcome to Miami Beach 411.

There's not much nightlife in that area.

There's a Flannigan's Bar on Harding Avenue that's near your hotel. You might also want to check out the pool bars at the Sheraton Bal Harbour and the Seaview Hotel.

As Michelle said, just a little south from where you're staying, you can find lots of cafes and restaurants around 71st Street.

As far as a club scene, you'll need to drive to South Beach.

Have fun.

Feel free to continue this discussion, or start a new topic.

New User

Thank you both for the replies!

As far as a club scene, you'll need to drive to South Beach.
    I'm just not interested in paying $30 cover charges and $12 for a drink, stuck in a room that makes you feel like a sardine. :) I'd much rather relax in a laid-back bar. Thanks for the suggestions.

I think a lot of the fun is just exploring to see what there is to do in Miami...we have a very loose schedule of what we'll be doing, which is the ideal vacation in my mind.

Thanks again!

New User

Red face Some suggestions

I will have a trip to miami beach and I will be there for almost 2 weeks, and will be staying close to this address any one can give me some tips, like some bars I can visit and are around also places I can go as well.

If you travel south to the area around 65th st, you are in North Beach and there are some great bars there, including my favorite Sandbar.

New User

Default Re: What's near Howard Johnson on 8701 Collins Ave.?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    If you travel south to the area around 65th st, you are in North Beach and there are some great bars there, including my favorite Sandbar.
    Thanks,

What are the best day to go?

Well, North Beach is really full of locals so any night is good! Azul is also good on the corner, and I believe Saturday night is their salsa dance night

Hi Zeus! welcome to the forums.

87th and Collins is not actually Miami Beach but the town of Surfside. Nearby you have what other have already mentioned, but also Bal Harbour just to the north, which is a very swanky shopping mall with some nice restaurants and just to the west of that you have Bay Harbour Islands, which also has a few nice restaurants.

Shucker's on 71st street causeway is a very fun, casual relaxed bar and restaurant with a gorgeous view of the bay. I recommend that one too. Oh, and Flanigans on Harding in Surfside is a great sports bar.

Carrabbas Grille in mid-beach is also a great casual tiki bar under the palm trees, right off the boardwalk behind the dunes and the beach. This is not the chain restaurant Carrabbas, but a bar that's associated with it behind the Courtyard Marriot hotel.