Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Questions regarding vacation rental

Hello everybody.

My friends and I are going to visit South Beach some time around New Years. It's going to be our first time in Miami, and we're from Germany. It seems to be my task to plan our vacation, and so I came across this really informative and friendly forum! So much for the introductory part.

I'm planning on renting a condo for our stay and chose a place close to 15th and Meridian. First, is that a good choice? And second, I'm having some difficulties communicating with the manager (or owner). My other options for condos are on Collins north of 41st.

I'm really appreciating all your experience and am looking forward to any kinds of comments

rk

15th and Meridian is not too bad, though if this is your first trip I'd try for something closer to the ocean. North of 41st is about 2 miles too north.

At the same time, New Years is a very busy time so you should make your plans as soon as possible. Here are a few links you can check for vacation rentals:

http://www.vacationhomerentals.com/v...th-Florida.htm
    http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...h-Florida.html
    http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...st/miami-beach
    http://www.condo.com/Vacations.aspx

(the zip code for south beach is 33139)

Try to stay south of 25 St (approx) and as close to the ocean as possible. There is a lot of variability in quality so check the condo locations and reviews as best as you can. Post here is you have questions. Good luck.

Default Re: Questions regarding vacation rental

Hi, welcome to the forums! Thanks for posting your question here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    I'm planning on renting a condo for our stay and chose a place close to 15th and Meridian. First, is that a good choice? And second, I'm having some difficulties communicating with the manager (or owner). My other options for condos are on Collins north of 41st.
    My advice would be, if you are having trouble contacting the manager already, I would forget that option. It is a vacation, and who needs the hassle of a bad owner/manager. That just makes me think it's a scam, or you'd lose money some how. Miami is full of people who want to steal your money, this isn't to worry you, but just to warn you that if you can't get hold of someone, it's probably not legit.

Also you can rent someone's timeshare. Try vrbo.com or redweek.com.

I've seen this company's properties at the Shelborne Hotel, and the rates look pretty nice:

South Beach Rentals from SunSpot Miami Rentals

You might consider this as a back up!

New User

Thanks for your interest! I am still searching. Need to find the right spot between too expensive and too far away. The websites you recommended are very helpful.

If you do find something you can let us check it out for you again... we know the good and bad areas, and how far a "5 minute walk" to the beach really is!

New User

That is really nice. Thank you! I have some requests for availability and rents pending. Do you think it is ok if I just post the links to the condos when I get an offer?
    I'm sure, we will have a great time. In January 2010, Bremen had an average temperature of 27F and only 35 hours of sunshine

rk

Absolutely, please do.