Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Want to spend two nights on Fisher Island?

Anyone been dying to spend a couple days on Fisher Island? Just received this:

Food and wine enthusiasts around the world can now get a taste of what life is like at Fisher Island, Florida – the exclusive residential island community minutes from Miami Beach – with the new Private Chef Escape Package. Offering the unique opportunity to wine and dine aside a Who’s Who of international A-listers, the two-night package features a variety of luxurious epicurean perks designed by Fisher Island’s new Executive Chef, Stefane Caporal.

Priced at $2,200, the Private Chef Escape Package includes:

• Accommodations for two nights in a luxurious Courtyard Villa, which features plush accoutrements, a private terrace and private Jacuzzi
    • Fruit, gourmet cheeses, nuts and a bottle of wine upon arrival
    • A guided tour of the island with Hotel Director David Smiley
    • Welcome cocktails at Fisher Island’s Sunset Bar, which features breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and Miami Beach skyline
    • A personal meeting with Chef Stefane to discuss guests’ personal tastes
    • A private, customized four-course dinner served on the beach, or in the Courtyard Villa’s private terrace
    • A wine pairing served with each course, selected by Fisher Island’s sommelier
    • Use of a private golf cart to transport guests around the island during their stay
    • Daily Fisher Island Membership Fee, which permits guests access to the island’s extensive amenities, which are typically reserved only for the island’s elite club members and residents. These include the recently renovated Links at Fisher Island, a par-35 nine-hole golf course designed by architect P. B. Dye; a world-class tennis center designed for Pros and amateurs; a private beach and the Fisher Island Beach Club.
    “With Chef Stephane at the helm, there has never been a better time to visit to Fisher Island and savor the offerings of our seven restaurants and lounges,” said Larry Brown, CEO of Fisher Island Club. “We look forward to sharing our culinary staff’s creativity with our guests through this new package, which is also a fantastic way for those interested in the Fisher Island lifestyle to experience it firsthand.”

With a variety of seven dining options located throughout the island ranging from casual to elegant, the private four-course dinner won’t be the only gastronomic delight. Guests can choose to dine al fresco overlooking the ocean, or within the Vanderbilt-era Mansion’s intimate and romantic lounge. Showcasing an international range of flavors, and the relaxed, yet sophisticated air South Florida is known for, Fisher Island Hotel and Resort’s expert food and beverage team presents a range of culinary experiences that will please the most sophisticated of palettes.

For more information or reservations, please visit www.FisherIslandClub.com or call 305-535-6000.

Holy cow. Anyone have $2200 to spare?

Default Re: Want to spend two nights on Fisher Island?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Holy cow. Anyone have $2200 to spare?
    Totally agree, but the sad part is, that's probably the amount someone is expected to spend on 'bottle service' for a party of 4 for a few hours!

No it's not! I've had bottle service a few times, one time I had it with 4 boys and 3 other girls (so 8 of us) and it was like $350 for 2 bottles. People dropping 2k on bottle service really are suckers.

Then again, 2k for 2 nights on Fisher Island... I know what I'd choose of the two options!

Default Re: Want to spend two nights on Fisher Island?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    No it's not! I've had bottle service a few times, one time I had it with 4 boys and 3 other girls (so 8 of us) and it was like $350 for 2 bottles. People dropping 2k on bottle service really are suckers.

Then again, 2k for 2 nights on Fisher Island... I know what I'd choose of the two options!
    Jess, I yield to your experience, but that is not what I've seen, been quoted, heard from some friends and actually seen.

I call your attention to this thread and particularly the post by TomUK: Bottle service costs and questions?

The $350-400 he quotes is the most common number I hear, but that would only be for 2-4 people for a couple hours, longer or more people would require more.

This is about the costs encountered when we had that meet up at plunge and the only time I have ever had bottle service. But, if I recall, Fabin posts similar numbers.

As far as the $1000 per bottle, I have been quoted that for 'prime' night at LIV or Mynt, such as when there's a big meeting in town in season, or a hot DJ, and yes the 1 bottle is only a start. (Not being rk I declined this offer)

Where did you get bottle service for the price you mention, frankly, that's a great deal! TomUK suggested that was the going rate at space (2 yrs ago) so I dunno?

Bottom line 2 K is a huge amount of cash and miami beach offers many ways to relieve those who have it of their burden!

Thanks!

It seems like you could just book the hotel and have dinner at that restaurant on your own. Won't Chef Stefanie be the one in the kitchen anyway? Bring your own fruit tray, hijack a golf cart, and give yourself a tour of the island and save big! I could see this price being justified if it were going to charity.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

So when you book an interior Courtyard condo for $1,100 per night, two night minimum, you get a hard sell from the GM and free dinner with wine?

Seriously? I wonder if anyone actually booked this. I like Fisher Island but you can boat over and have lunch for a fraction of that.

Well aint that something special! I tried getting a press pass for this but the nazis at Fisher Island wouldn't budge. God forbid my plebian, muddied shoes should set foot on their precious turf.

Fisher Island is one of the most rich per capita zip codes in the country, so the price tag doesn't surprise me.