Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Need a cheap hostel near the Port or beach?

Can anyone here recommend any CHEAP Miami Hostels anywhere near the port of Miami or even Miami beach? I'm planning to be down there next week so hopefully,everyone here can be of help somehow,someway,thanks so much.

Hi Greg, you're in luck! I wrote a few articles comparing hostels and cheap hotels. Your best bet is in South Beach.

A Candid Look At South Beach Hostels and Super Cheap Hotels - Miami Beach 411

That was written in 2007. So a few things have changed now. Here's an update on the Jazz Hostel:

Staying at the Jazz Hostel in South Beach - Miami Beach 411

And here is some info on the recently revamped South Beach hostel:

The New and Improved South Beach Hostel - Miami Beach 411

Rates at these places are reasonable -- usually between $20-$25 a night if you're willing to sleep in a small dorm with other people. Let us know how it goes!!

I'd recommend the South Beach Hostel if you're looking for a social scene. There are always people outside chatting, on their laptops, and enjoying $5 drinks from their bar.

Hmmmm....I thought the Jazz was the most social. Lots of people hang out in front there, too.

And one nice thing most people don't know is that you don't have to be a guest to go to the front bar or order at the cafe. It's a great opportunity to meet and mix with young world travelers!

Where is the Jazz Doug? I haven't done a comparison with all the hostels-I only know the South Beach Hostel and like I said it looks like the guests have a lot of fun. They always say hi when I walk by with the pup. I have stopped at their bar once to get a to-go drink and it's pretty limited, but only $5 so I can't complain.

The Jazz and SoBe hostel are a block apart. Both look fun and both always have people out front.

SoBe one is on 2nd and Washington.
    Jazz is on 3rd and Collins.