Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Hotels Mid-December

We are making our first trip to Miami Beach / South Beach in a week. We are thinking about pricelining a room either a 3* or 3.5*. My question is can we go wrong in the doing this??? We are going to select the area that includes ocean drive art deco historic district or in the more central streets in that same area. Or does anyone have any other opinions they would want to share??? We will be there for about a week.

What will be the happening places in south beach to party at while we are there?

PartyCouple

I've never done Priceline but I'd up it to 4 stars just because I feel stars are inflated when anyone rates hotels. If you're spending a week there that's way too long to let someone else decide.

If you're looking for a clean, budget, nicely decorated, and centrally located hotel I'd recommend The President. It's not directly on the beach but a quick walk, and there's no pool.

For a nicer hotel but not ridiculous $$$, The Raleigh, Delano, Shore Club.. The Mariott, on 2nd is nice as well. Ask your party questions in our nightlife forum.

The Delano ain't cheap! The best rate available now in a city-view king starts at $420 per night and goes up to $500 for ocean views. Not sure how much better that gets on Priceline.

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Default Re: Hotels Mid-December

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    I've never done Priceline but I'd up it to 4 stars just because I feel stars are inflated when anyone rates hotels. If you're spending a week there that's way too long to let someone else decide.

:
    Christy, priceline rates their hotels on amenities not what kind of shape they were in (I was in the hotel business for years).

The difference in a three and a half star and a four star hotel is 24 hour room service. You can take a really nice hotel that only serves room service between 6AM and 2AM and put it next to a not as nice hotel with 24 hour room service will get the 4 star rating.

To the OP, I wouldn't go below a three star rating in South Beach. While they have a plethora of lux and high end hotels, the bottom of the rung hotels are scary.