Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Potentially Moving from Cincinnati

Preferred Member

Default Re: Potentially Moving from Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles View Post
    Oh I forgot to add: our forum member Perri recommended a good realtor for relocating to an area close to campus ... Perri, could you share that information again here? Many thanks.
    Sure, Maria. My real estate agent is:

Angelica M. Chiru
    REALTOR Associate
    Keller Williams Realty
    1680 Meridian Av. #101
    Miami Beach, FL 33139
    Cell: (305) 778-3462
    Fax: (786) 237-3442
    angelica.chiru@kw.com

I'm really happy with her cos I had a very good experience with her. Even after I had moved in, and after she "handed me over" to the person who manages the apartment for the landlord, she still checks with me to see if my requests (additional repair requests that could not be foreseen before my move-in) were followed through.

She covers the whole of Miami, not just the area around campus. I wanted to live near UM cos I can't drive yet and I am not fond of commuting too much.

I'm very satisfied with my apartment and its location. It's just a few minutes from the University Metrorail, where I can take the free UM shuttle to UM. The shuttle is seriously useful. The walk may not be that much but the heat here will kill you, or the rain will annoy you. The shuttle is definitely a god-send for me. If one has a car, it doesn't matter. but without a car, living near the metrorail and/or the UM shuttle stops is a big plus.

Oh yes, Maria, I love that French bakery that you had told me about. Awesome baguettes! As good as those I had in France! I also like the fact that they include a small side salad with the baguette. I also enjoyed my lunch at the Crepe place. very friendly guy there - I think he's the owner? I could walk to Sunset place or take the metrorail there. It's great that it's just one stop. I was able to explore that area in the beginning, but since my stuff arrived, I've been swamped with the unpacking... it's still WIP...

Oh yes, I passed by the Winn-Dixie supermarket. I didn't have the time to go in there, but at least I know where it is. It's quite near to the South Miami Metrorail, so it will be doable for me. What are the advantages of shopping there compared to Publix and Whole Foods? What additional stuff does it offer over the two of them, and is it significantly cheaper (if so, for what categories of items)?

Thanks Perri for chiming in! That is quite exemplary service for a realtor.

One great thing about the UM shuttle is that it doesn't just go around campus. It also comes into that Gables/South Miami area so even if you don't want to walk (yes, the heat and rain can get in the way) you don't have to necessarily take a regular municipal bus.

I haven't been to the Crepe place in a while ... not sure if the guy is the owner. Glad you are enjoying the neighborhood!

I find Winn Dixie to be significantly cheaper on some staples in produce and meats. If you get a Rewards Card, you can get discounts on lots of items and it usually adds up. Like chicken is 2 x 1, that kind of thing. If you shop there enough, a coupon will pop up that gives you $5 of purchase of $55 or more.

Thanks for the info Maria & Perri. I'm going to try to visit Miami sometime in November to check out some of the neighborhoods I'm interested in living in.

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the coming months, so keep an eye out on this thread!

Thanks again everybody!

Banned
    Angie in The Roads, Downtown, Brickell, Biscayne, The River, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, the beach

Hi NickB!

Maria de los Angeles, thanks! As suggested, here I am as a new member of the Forum and to help with my real estate professional services in any way I can.

Perry, thank you so much for the recommendation. It was great to read your comments on this Forum - I truly appreciate it!

Nick, I am the Realtor that Perri has recommended in her past posts. I will be glad to help you. Just contact me directly whenever the time comes at my e-mail angelica.chiru@kw.com or check my webpage at any time at www.miamidowntownhomes.com to search for thousands of rentals within your price range. Anyone who reads this post, you may find thousands of residential properties on my web for rental, sale, investment or commercial purposes. And no, you don't have to pay for my services if you are tenant or buyer, the landlord or the seller pays for our commission. All I ask for is your loyalty and commitment to work with me beginning to end, and the best compensation that I may receive from my clients is their word of satisfaction and referral of my services to any of their relatives, friends or colleagues. My job is just to find you the place where you want to live within your expectations, needs and price range.

Take care, and you all have a great Labor Weekend!

Angie in The Roads

Preferred Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angie in The Roads View Post
    Hi NickB!

Maria de los Angeles, thanks! As suggested, here I am as a new member of the Forum and to help with my real estate professional services in any way I can.

Perry, thank you so much for the recommendation. It was great to read your comments on this Forum - I truly appreciate it!

Nick, I am the Realtor that Perri has recommended in her past posts. I will be glad to help you. Just contact me directly whenever the time comes at my e-mail angelica.chiru@kw.com or check my webpage at any time at www.miamidowntownhomes.com to search for thousands of rentals within your price range. Anyone who reads this post, you may find thousands of residential properties on my web for rental, sale, investment or commercial purposes. And no, you don't have to pay for my services if you are tenant or buyer, the landlord or the seller pays for our commission. All I ask for is your loyalty and commitment to work with me beginning to end, and the best compensation that I may receive from my clients is their word of satisfaction and referral of my services to any of their relatives, friends or colleagues. My job is just to find you the place where you want to live within your expectations, needs and price range.

Take care, and you all have a great Labor Weekend!

Angie in The Roads

Hi Angie,

You're welcome! And welcome to this forum.

I didn't tell you about me recommending you here cos I wanted to remain anonymous and keep my privacy here. But now, you have found out about my secret online life. shhh... I guess I am still anonymous and can still keep my privacy here in general, except to you.

Have a nice Labor Day Weekend too!

Perri
    Last edited by Perri; 09-04-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Banned
    Angie in The Roads, Downtown, Brickell, Biscayne, The River, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, the beach

No worries, Perri ... Your secret will die with me !!!
    Perri likes this.

So I'm going to be in town the 21st and 22nd of November. The first day of my Miami visit will be occupied with business at UM, but I'll have the majority of the 22nd open. My plan is to check out various neighborhoods in the city I'm interested in relocating to (Brickell, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, South Miami). Not necessarily to look at apartments per say, but just to get a feel for each area.

Anything that I absolutely must check out? I'm already planning on dropping by either Titanic or Cervezasy (per Maria's suggestion) at some point.

Thanks Angie and welcome to the Forums! It's always nice to have some real estate experts here. DO you have any explanation of why the rents in Brickell totally skyrocketed? The apt I wanted was $1350 2 years ago and now it's $1700. Do you think the rents will eventually come back down? It seems every nice building in Brickell at least $1600.

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    Anything that I absolutely must check out? I'm already planning on dropping by either Titanic or Cervezasy (per Maria's suggestion) at some point.
    If I'm not traveling I could definitely meet up for a beer at Cervezas. Anyone else want to join?

So I just looked at the beer list for Cervezas. Needless to say I'm excited to be working nearby. Count me in for a beer (or two).

Sounds good, NickB! Pirates in Paradise (Key West) starts on the 24th, so I should be around.

Where is Cervezasys? I'm at UM like 4-5 times a week, I'd love to know a good nearby bar.

Titanic is ok. Like the best bar you're gonna find in that immediate area. But it's never impressed me all that much.

Banned

Hi Christy!

Explanation and reasons why rentals are so high in Brickell and many other areas such as Downtown, South Beach, Design District, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and many other areas in our city: Demand vs supply; trendy, business area, tourism, walking distance to jobs, restaurants, entertainment, grocery stores, and other attractions in general ... lots of Irish Pubs too :-) ... Easy access to main cities, expressways, public transportation, beaches, outdoor activities, airport (almost all main areas within 10-15 minutes from Brickell. In summary, and probably the most accurate word to describe all: Location!!!

I don't see rentals coming down at all in the next two, three years; on the contrary, they will continue to increase as we go through this very slow process of economic recovery.

Anything else I can help with, please let me know.

Make it a Great Day!
    Angie in the Roads
    www.miamidowntownhomes.com
    angelica.chiru@kw.com

Banned

And Christy, thanks for the welcoming note. Glad to be here, especially because I am helping now two prospective tenants from San Francisco and New York after becoming a member a week ago ... and they were both recommended through your Forum. :-). Thanks again ;-) Angie in The Roads

You don't think rents will go down soon? I mean, Miami has the nation's highest unemployment AND I believe we still rate last in salary vs. cost of living. NY and SF were able to keep sky high rents because people there get paid a lot of money. My guess is this will stabilize and drop unless South Florida's job situation picks up. And nobody seems to be able to point to a single growing field here.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    Where is Cervezasys? I'm at UM like 4-5 times a week, I'd love to know a good nearby bar.
    Matt, hey ... don't you owe me a beer from like a million years ago? LOL

Cervezas is on Sunset Drive, somewhat caticorner to the Irish pub, on the north side, in between Sunset Place and US1. If you blink, you'll miss it. They serve over 200 beers.

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    So I'm going to be in town the 21st and 22nd of November. The first day of my Miami visit will be occupied with business at UM, but I'll have the majority of the 22nd open. My plan is to check out various neighborhoods in the city I'm interested in relocating to (Brickell, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, South Miami). Not necessarily to look at apartments per say, but just to get a feel for each area.

Check out the Coral Way Corridor, which connects Brickell to the Gables.

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/coral-way-corridor

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    Thanks Angie and welcome to the Forums! It's always nice to have some real estate experts here. DO you have any explanation of why the rents in Brickell totally skyrocketed? The apt I wanted was $1350 2 years ago and now it's $1700. Do you think the rents will eventually come back down? It seems every nice building in Brickell at least $1600.
    Because everybody started moving there, businesses started opening and it just became more valuable.

I don't think the rents are going to come down anytime soon.

If anything, once Brickell gets filled to capacity, areas like Midtown and the Coral Way Corridor will see an increase in demand, which will increase rents.

I think it's great that things have turned around. It was sad when Brickell was a ghost town. And I'd love to see downtown pick up, too.

Yes, downtown will probably be next because people are going to want to stay close to all their Brickell friends. And that will spark better restaurant options at night. Now it has none besides Bayside.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast