Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Best Neighborhood to live

New User

Cool Best Neighborhood to live

My wife and I are young (24) and have no kids. We like our privacy but we also like to have fun. We will be relocating to Miami next year and were wondering where would be the ideal place for us. We would like a nice neighborhood not too far from where we can party and live it up but far enough where we don't feel like we live right in the middle of it all. Anyone have any tips or leads for us?
    Last edited by J_Val; 10-17-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Default Re: Best Neighborhood to live

Hi J_Val, welcome to the forums! Do know where you will be working and what your budget is?

Also, will you be renting or buying? Will you have a car?

It's important to know the answers in order to better help you.

At first glance I'd say Coral Way or Coral Gables. But again, so much depends on your budget and where you'll be working it's hard to give a good answer.

I can tell you where NOT to move....Kendall.
    MiamiChiwi likes this.

New User

Thank you guys very much for the responses! I love this website btw! I apologize for not having enough info, im a bit of a noob on forums. So we are looking for something around 1300 and can go up to 1600. She will be working in what I believe is Virginia Gardens??? Im probably wrong, heres the address of her office, 8200 NW 41st, and I will be searching for work. We will have a car and are looking to rent for now. Again I really appreciate the input.

You should look into Miami Springs, which is a nice neighborhood right next to Virginia Gardens.

Your wife's job is in Doral, a bit west of Virginia Gardens. Miami Spring is a good option. You might also want to check out Midtown.

^ I would have to go with Mario and Check out Midtown its growing in popularity, but when I need to make a move I am looking in that general area as well.

New User

thanks for the tips guys, i will be looking into these neighborhoods...anyone happen to know what the commute would be like during rush hour to Doral??

From there? Not bad at all. you're going against traffic and probably the worst you'll encounter is along NW 87th Ave. if you're lucky enough to work in Doral and don't have to drive that street, you're ok. Springs to Doral, even in rush hour, shouldn't be more than 20 minutes.

Virginia Gardens itself is pretty nice too.

New User

ooh thats awesome! I would hate having to think about how the wife is handling rush hour traffic on a daily basis. Thanks for the info guys! I will send an update when we have more concrete decisions. I don't know what we would have done without this site, kudos!

***DREAMING OF BEAUTIFUL BEACHES***

I like the area where I live, near Coral Way, in the Gables, walking distance from Miracle Mile, and 20 minutes drive or less to Miami Beach, depending on the traffic...lol!.but I work alot, so i try to enjoy on my days off!

Good luck!

The Coral Way Corridor. The most underrated neighborhood in Miami. I love living here. It's not so pretentious, not so touristy, not so expensive, but it's very walkable and has a great mix of commercial and residential.

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/coral-way-corridor

New User

I love living in Coral Way as well, but would not like it as much if I had to commute to Doral every day. The street traffic to get to the freeway has been a real pain in the a** the few times I have had to make the journey during rush hour.

Virginia Gardens is nice but more for a couple raising a family than one looking to go out on the town. But if a short commute is a high priority, it might be your best option as it is reasonably close to the more exciting parts of town.

The best neighborhood to live in question depends on what you like as far as neighborhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Val View Post
    ooh thats awesome! I would hate having to think about how the wife is handling rush hour traffic on a daily basis. Thanks for the info guys! I will send an update when we have more concrete decisions. I don't know what we would have done without this site, kudos!

***DREAMING OF BEAUTIFUL BEACHES***
    J Val, keep this in mind ... a relaxed wife makes for a better marriage!

Thank you for the kind words. We love helping people.

By the way, I pretty much agree with what Carlos, Matt et al have been saying. You'll have to choose between shorter commute or more dynamic neighborhood. I'm not personally familiar with Virginia Gardens, but I trust the advice from the others here. Miami-Dade is so huge. I have lived here 44 years and still don't know every nook and cranny.

One thing about the Coral Way corridor that is great is that it really is truly minutes from Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and Brickell. There are a number of nice condo buildings there. Carlos lives in one of them.

Please keep us posted and let us know if you have any more questions.

New User

Hey guys,

Im back with a couple more questions. We will be making a 1 week "scouting trip". This will be sometime next year as the final move will be in early June. What is the market like for that time-frame? Also, how much time is adequate between the scout and actually committing to a place? I don't want to go too early and not be able to secure a place, but then again I don't want to go too late and end up empty handed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I think that there are typically more rentals in the summer though if you're not moving to some of those congested areas like Brickell and Miami Beach I don't think it matters so much.

As for your time line, I would say two weeks. If you come too early and that apartment is just going to sit empty for a month, the landlord will probably want to rent it to someone else.

PS I may have my realtor's license by then! So I may have some leads on good apartments. I do not intend to be a full-time realtor -- I'm a professional writer by trade -- but I have come across so many people like yourselves who always need relocation assistance, that my realtor friends and fellow forum members here keep encouraging me to do it as a little side business. Also, since I'm a Miami native, I know some neighborhoods really well.

The other thing you should know is that you don't have to pay the realtor ... the landlord does.
    J_Val likes this.

rk

I suggest looking for a rental about 3 weeks before you plan to move in. Some condos take 2 weeks for board approval.

All rents are negotiable. Your chances for reduction improve if the place has been on the market for a while, so it pays to check those things before seeing the unit.

Great point, RK. I forgot about the approval process. Just as long as you stay within a month's time, I think is good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast