Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Apartment Hunting for Social Single Gal

Default Re: Apartment Hunting for Social Single Gal

Dealing with tourists can be annoying, but if you want to walk everywhere and plan on hitting the beach a lot it's nice to be close. Just because in Miami you'll find yourself at the beach for just an hour or two, and if it starts raining it's nice for it not to be a trek back to say a place like the Flamingo.

Hi Indian Barbie,

Thank you for the kind words! The average price around here for a 1 bedroom for what I've checked lately is $800-$1200. You want to be as close as possible to "Sunset Place" which is on the corner of US1 & SW 57th Avenue.

Oh ... you should send a PM to our forum member "Sorry" ... he just worked with a realtor he raved about.

Love it! Thank you so much RK!

Yeah! That is exactly the price range i am looking for Maria! Which Forum member were you referring to?

That makes perfect sense Christy even though rain doesn't scare me since I lived in Seattle for 3 1/2 years . I have been caught in the rain in Florida before and it rains the same way in MN which is no fun .

rk

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Barbie View Post
    Yeah! That is exactly the price range i am looking for Maria! Which Forum member were you referring to?
    I think Maria was thinking of this post in the other thread:

It's Official: Moving December 1 - There's no backing out now

Thank you again RK. I sent Sorry an email. Her situation sounds similar to mine.

Yeah but when it's raining in Seattle, you're usually not set up on the beach and wearing a swimsuit. Here it can be perfectly Sunny and then all of a sudden the clouds roll in and it's no fun.

Does anyone know anything about Williams Island? I saw this apartment & it looks like it is in a nice area but the price seems to good to be true. I have heard they have amazing tennis courts on Williams Island.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/apa/2731396920.html

rk

As a rule that area is OK, though I am not familiar with the specific building or the tennis courts there. My main concern would be the location being far from places you'd normally want to go, such as work. It also doesn't seem like you can walk to many places.

I don't think $1200/mo is out of line for rents in that building, may even be on the high side for 700 sf. That Craigslist ad is a bit spammy, I imagine the person placing it is just fishing for customers listing randomly available units, not their own. You're better off contacting a realtor and having them check out properties for you and show them to you when you're here. It is still a good idea to locate properties on your own and forward them to your realtor to get his/her opinion. I hope you got the name of a realtor from sorry by now. If not please let me know.

Matt - what kind of surface do the courts at the Grove have ?

Indian Barbie- Crandel Park has excellent facillities. Last time I played there, the hourly rate can range between $10-25 per hour.
    At mid range, you get european red clay or grass. Top rate will get you on center court of the Sony - Ericsson Open.

There's a decent club in Brickell that's suffered a bit when Drysdale moved shop to the Ritz Carlton in Key Biscayme

Its a standard green hard court.

Thank you everyone. I will check out Crandall Park. I agree RK the add seems spammy. I have reached out to a couple of realtors but they seem to want to put me in the most expensive area. One them even told me that Coconut Grove isn't safe and that I should live in South Beach. I am at a point I don't know which realtor to trust and it is especially hard since I am not in FL.

Is there anything I need to know about renting a condo in Miami? I have always rented apartments directly from apartment mgmt companies. I was told most of the apartment buildings have been turned into condos. I am looking at living in Brickell. The area seems centrally located and close to everything. Can anyone provide me on some insight on that area? I know the big condos are infinity, axis, & Icon. They seem very expensive though.

I think Blackford means CRANDON park, not Crandell, right?

Thank you everyone. I will check out Crandall Park. I agree RK the add seems spammy. I have reached out to a couple of realtors but they seem to want to put me in the most expensive area. One them even told me that Coconut Grove isn't safe and that I should live in South Beach. I am at a point I don't know which realtor to trust and it is especially hard since I am not in FL.
    Damn right you shouldn't trust that advice! What a crock. Most of Coconut Grove is perfectly safe. There is just one little area to the west that is a little ghetto (though it is becoming gentrified). That's why you have us Indian Barbie -- please come back here when in doubt and ask questions.

We have another member who recommend a realtor, Perri ... also relocated from out of town and had a good experience when here and settling down. Let me see if I can track that thread for you.

Is there anything I need to know about renting a condo in Miami? I have always rented apartments directly from apartment mgmt companies. I was told most of the apartment buildings have been turned into condos. I am looking at living in Brickell. The area seems centrally located and close to everything. Can anyone provide me on some insight on that area? I know the big condos are infinity, axis, & Icon. They seem very expensive though.
    In a condo you will be renting from an individual owner either directly or through a realtor. There will be a condo association that will require some paperwork to "approve" you so in that sense it is not much different than a managed community. However, in a condo you deal directly with the owner or his/her representative for negotiating the rent, handling repairs and so on.

Here is an article Carlos wrote about the Brickell lifestyle: http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/brickell

And another thread you should look at: What's it like to live in Brickell?

PS regarding Williams Island, that whole Aventura area is very nice. But as RK indicated, it could be a spammy bait and switch ad.

Indian Barbie, here is a link to the post where Perri recommends the realtor: Potentially Moving from Cincinnati

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast