Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Apartment Hunting for Social Single Gal

Default Re: Apartment Hunting for Social Single Gal

Thanks Matt. What are the best areas that are centrally located near freeways, entertainment, & restaurants?

Well, Downtown and Brickell are the ideal. Right by the major freeway and have those things. As well as being a short drive from South Beach or Coral Gables, both of which also have restuarants and the like. But they are expensive places to live.

I always liked LIttle Havana for location vs. cost. If you can find a decent building there it's a short drive to everywhere in South Flordia you'd want to go. Even Lauderdale is only half an hour.

Coral Way is another pretty good area for location, and is a little nicer than LH and also not as expensive as Brickell. It is a bit more of a drive to the freeway, though.

Mid-Beach is convenient, if you live as close to 41st street as possible. That's where the causeway lets you off, and if you live close to it you don't have to sit in a lot of Miami Beach traffic.

But again, a lot depends on how much you can spend. And a lot depends on where you'll be working.

Thanks so much for all the info! I really appreciate it! I thought Mid-beach around 41st would be great. I will check out the other areas you are talking about too. I thought Little Havana was dangerous? I have the luxury of working from home so I won't have a daily commute.

Hey IB,

I've been working on a series of neighborhood profiles, which will give you more insight into these neighborhoods. So far, I've only done the Coral Way Corridor, Coral Gables and Brickell.

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/coral-way-corridor

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/brickell

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/coral-gables
    Indian Barbie likes this.

Thank you so much Carlos! I loved reading your articles and you pictures are beautiful! I am dying to check out the coral way corridor. I love cities that are authentic and not so commercial! Please let me know of any complexes I should check out besides the gables marquis.

Does anyone know about 4800-4812 Pinetree Dr in Miami Beach? It is so beautiful! Lots of beautiful Spanish style homes and apartments. Does anyone else know any beautiful areas with Spanish style apartments?

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Barbie View Post
    Thank you so much Carlos! I loved reading your articles and you pictures are beautiful! I am dying to check out the coral way corridor. I love cities that are authentic and not so commercial! Please let me know of any complexes I should check out besides the gables marquis.
    There are several complexes on Coral Way ranging in all different styles and budgets. The best bet would be to come down and spend a day checking them out for yourself.

I live in the Coral Way Corridor and I wouldn't live anywhere else because it's very walkable and non-pretentious and close enough to all the hot spots, but not directly immersed in them.

I can drive to Brickell in less than ten minutes, five minutes on a slow traffic day. I can walk into the Gables. I can drive down to the Grove in five minutes.

If you don't feel like walking or driving, you can call a cab, which will run about 10 or 15 bucks to Brickell. It's a 20 dollar cab ride to the airport.

There's a great selection of restaurants and mom and pop shops, not to mention a mall that includes several big-name retail stores.

The Brickell area is cool but it can come across a little too trendy for me, which means you will pay more for a simple cup of coffee.

I go downstairs to Sergio's and pay 75 cents for a shot of Cuban espresso, then sit on the outside patio and watch the traffic and enjoy the breeze.
    Doug and Christy like this.

Coral Gables has a lot of buildings like that too. I live on Pine Tree Drive, yeah, that's a cool area up there, but costs a few dollars.

The Gables will be more expensive than the Coral Way area Carlos described. But check out both parts of town and see if the Gables is worth the extra money to you.

Pinetree Drive is gorgeous but a little removed from everything, however it is lovely and you have 41st street around the corner with conveniences. I used to live around 41st and Meridian and loved it there. It's a great neighborhood to walk in because it's mostly single family homes and the landscaping can be very lush on certain blocks. It was around this area where Carl Fisher's hired gardener set up shop.

Spanish style buildings tend to be older so even though they look good on the outside it's important they be up to date on the inside. As Matt suggested, you will find many Spanish style structures in Coral Gables. There are tons of apartments near Miracle Mile and off the Youth Center between Bird Road & Miracle Mile. That is also a nice area to live.

I know I have been MIA for awhile but I am happy to post that I will be coming to Miami Feb 8-14th. I am going to be meeting with my realtor to see where I want to live in Miami and hopefully find a place. I have never been in Miami that long and I am looking for fun things to do at a reasonable price, good places to eat (I want to know where the locals eat not the tourists), and a nice hotel to stay at hopefully under 900 dollars (I know it is high season).

Hi Indian Barbie,

I'm glad you have your dates set to visit! So have decided on what areas to look for apartments? Instead of just staying in South Beach, I would divide up the time so you could stay closer to areas you may want to live in. When I came to Miami to do my exploratory visit I stayed at the President Hotel. It was reasonably priced, clean, and in the middle of South Beach.

Hi Indian Barbie! Are you renting a car and focused on staying in South Beach? If you are renting a car you might find something cheaper on the mainland.

I think if I were to move back to Miami, I would probably move to Carlos's neighborhood. My big thing is to be in a walkable village. South Beach is walkable, but a little crowded. The only downside is being able to get to the beach quickly and easily. You have to drive to get to it, and parking is always a hassle. There's tranquil Key Biscayne to consider, but there are tolls and parking fees even there.

I don't think we are going to rent a car the whole time but I would like to go to the Keys when I am there. I am not set on staying in South Beach since I have been there so many times. I agree Jess I should stay close to where I am looking to rent. I am still thinking South Beach or Brickell if I can find something in my price range. I called the President and they are about 300 a night which I can not afford. I did find the following for 635 per week but I didn't know about the area. I want to be somewhere where I can look around the neighborhoods and they seem centrally located.

Fortuna House Apartments is located at
    432 NE 26 St Miami FL 33137

That Fortuna House looks nice, but it's not the greatest neighborhood. It can be sketchy depending on the block. You wouldn't want to walk around there at night. Also that isn't downtown Miami but rather north of there.

I would definitely recommend a car if you stay there though street parking might be an issue.

Our website has Key West trips. I always recommend 2 days in the Keys ... 1 never seems enough. :-)

Indian Barbie, how many are in your party? A client of mine just rented a lovely apartment in SoBe available for tourists. Sleeps 2 if you're willing to share a bed. Let me know and I'll PM you the details.

Hampton Inn Brickell is about $200/night. Very close to metrorail and metromover and right in the heart of everything in Brickell.

Marriott Courtyard downtown is just under $200/night. Also close to metro and across bridge from Brickell.

Holiday Inn Express is under $200 in Coral Gables.

And that was just doing a cursory search without looking at discount websites.

There are a plethora of chain hotels in desired neighborhoods like Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Brickell, I suggest you check those first and see if you can get some deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles View Post
    Indian Barbie, how many are in your party? A client of mine just rented a lovely apartment in SoBe available for tourists. Sleeps 2 if you're willing to share a bed. Let me know and I'll PM you the details.
    Please send me the info Maria. You said a client of yours does that mean you got your realtor license? I would love to work with you while I am there since my realtor doesn't like the areas that have been suggested to me. They still refuse to show me coconut grove, the coral way corridor, etc...

Thank you Indian Barbie for your vote of confidence! I actually don't have my realtor's license yet ... wish I did. My client was a private 'student' who needed orientation on his blogging/writing career.

You definitely need to find a different realtor who will show you different areas. That isn't cool.

I'll PM you the info.

Does your realtor give you a reason they don't show it? Maybe they only deal with certain areas? Did they say 'I don't really handle that," or just try and steer you in a different direction?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast