Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Car Insurance Companies

I currently have Progressive for my car insurance. Does anyone recommend a good car insurance company that offers good prices for Miami Beach zip code 33140? I hear that this can be very expensive. I have a clean driving record and drive a 2007 Mazda 3 series.

Default Re: Car Insurance Companies

Check State Farm. I used to be with Progressive and was paying like 220/month and switched to them for 160/month and i'll safely assume yours will be even lower since you have a non sports car and a clean driving record.

I am with State Farm, great coverage, and a good price considering my age, zip, and gender. They also offer a lot of discounts.

Progressive is a scam. If you don't pay attention, they will keep jacking your rates until before you know it, it is 3 years later and your bill is twice as much.

I had good luck with Allstate for many years living in 33139 and 33132.

Now I have 21st Century, which saves me quite a bit over AllState.

I think car insurance is one of those things where you really need to shop around every year. You get good rates from the get go, then they raise them over time.

Allstate says on the commercials they lower your rate over the years if you never get in anaccident, but apparently that never applied to my bill as it also just increased year after year.

I got State Farm, and also pay about $160 a month. I know that Geico is pretty expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Progressive is a scam. If you don't pay attention, they will keep jacking your rates until before you know it, it is 3 years later and your bill is twice as much.

I think car insurance is one of those things where you really need to shop around every year. You get good rates from the get go, then they raise them over time.

Allstate says on the commercials they lower your rate over the years if you never get in anaccident, but apparently that never applied to my bill as it also just increased year after year.
    I was with Progressive for almost 6 years and every year my rate went down. Then it went up when i bought the new car but then down again after a year. I only canceled it because i was out of the country for so long. Though im glad i did or i probably would have never looked at other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post

I think what you have to do is threaten to leave them for a cheaper option, and maybe then, you'll get a discounted rate.

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I just got a call from AAA and they qouted me 160 and are able to give me a free AAA membership due to my dad's account. I should be good to go. Thank you