Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Pet owners: how do you deal with fleas?

Default Re: Pet owners: how do you deal with fleas?

Yes but aren't humans 'warm blooded' hosts? Sorry if it is a naive question.

no worries Jess, not naive at all. and technically, yes.

but unless they get to become a HUGE infestation inside the home, the animals' thick fur is what they are most attracted to, and where they will go.... humans would only become a target if it gets way outta control in the house and there are many many fleas everywhere. YUUUUUUUUKKKK. (gag) LOL.

You can get bitten by a flea, I have. But like Catt said fleas prefer a thick fur forest. Luckily unless you are part werewolf you should be fine. But let me tell you those rogue flea bites itch.
    Doug likes this.

Ok, I feel better now!

In today's Norelco age, thick fur forests are becoming a thing of the past on humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Catt View Post
    true Doug, in CO and AZ i never had them -- but then again, i never had them in Philly either, even in the summer humidity, likely due to the cold weather insect die-off over winter.

however, the most relevant comparison is that I did not have them in Ft Lauderdale, and neither do my friends who still live in FLL now - some have just one dog or cat, one has two dogs, and another has two dogs and THREE cats - all the animals go outside in their yards & apt. courtyards, they do the treatments monthly, and have no issues - because their pets are not constantly picking up more from infested surroundings, since there is no stray/feral colony living right outside their doors as there are in many of the Mia Beach neighborhoods. that's the biggest issue around here....
    Yes, I think the feral cat population plays a part, as do the possums. The town sprays down the dog parks with insecticides but in addition to a spay and release program the town should also make sure stray cats are flea free with a monthly medicine. I'm glad your flea problem is better Catt! I don't blame you for being grossed out!
    Catt likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12