Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jess

Thread: Thinking of relocating to be closer to the ocean

New User

Default Thinking of relocating to be closer to the ocean

I am thinking of relocating to Miami to start a new life. I miss living close to the ocean. With Miami being such a lively city it would be perfect for me. does anybody know of a good areas of Miami to live in near or close to the Beach?
    Last edited by DustinH899; 04-15-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Default Re:Thinking of relocating to be closer to the ocean

HI DusitnH,

Miami Beach and South Beach are really the only beach communities in Miami. Rental prices for a 1-bedroom apartment start at around $900 a month.

Have you visited Miami before?

Where do you live now?

New User

Default Re: Thinking of relocating to be closer to the ocean

I just got back from visiting Miami a week ago. I currently live in Cleveland. It's a nice out here but not a huge fan of the weather. Is there any cheaper apartments in Downtown Miami but close to public transportation?

You don't want to live in downtown Miami. It's not so nice at night. I would definitely look on South Beach if you're just starting out. There is a great deal of rental housing there, so the competition keeps the prices fairly in check, despite the area's popularity.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Dustin, from what I've head, the prices in Downtown and Brickell are a little more expensive than South Beach. I know this might sound strange. The logical assumption is that apartments closer to the ocean would be more expensive, but that not always the case in Miami.

And when I said $900 for a 1 bedroom apartment, it's probably closer to $1,000, unless you have a lot of time to search, or get lucky.

Living further up from Miami Beach, such as Sunny Isles or Surfside will find you cheaper apartments, and you are still right by the ocean.
    dylan likes this.

Jess is right I have spent some time in Sunny Isles and you get plenty beach time, things are cheaper, but you give up a little bit of the night life. If you are looking for For beach that is your best bet as far as getting a good deal. But if you can afford it I would say South Beach, I love it there but I am not a fan of 900-1200 being considered bargain rent. lol

Hey Dustin,

I say if your objective is to be by the ocean, try to find a place on the beach (further up north for cheaper rent as Jess suggested). Then, whenever you feel like going to the beach you just step out of your apartment, walk a couple blocks, and you'll be there in a heartbeat. Even if you lived all the way on the other side of Ocean Drive, like West Ave, you could still walk or get yourself a bicycle and bike there. Or a scooter is not a bad idea for living on the beach.

That's the lifestyle, that's the charm. No hassle with commuting via public transportation and/or traffic trying to make your way over to the beach. That can get old really quickly.