Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Looking for a studio in Miami Beach

Default Re: Looking for a studio in Miami Beach

Sobespace, I don't know which unit is the one you rented but unit #6 is still listed as active as of 5/23/12 8:08 pm, aka, right now. Also, you keep saying south beach but Cetacane just mentions miami beach, not south beach. Cetacane may be referring to south beach but it is not being specified so I'm just giving "miami beach" options, which includes further north. May not be same area but for the price that's where'll it'll have to be. Good luck in the search for your friend, Cetacane!!

Does anyone have any info on Opera Tower? It's not in Miami Beach but their studios are almost 600 sq. ft.

600 sq feet, in Opera tower, must be over $1500 probably. The building looks nice in the advertisements.

Hi Em5195. Depends on what you are looking for. A rental or a purchase and what is your budget? Right now there are currently 10 rentals ranging from $1,250-$2,600 and 12 sales ranging from $149,008-$600,000 at Opera Tower at 1750 N Bayshore Dr. You can PM me if you would like any help. Thanks and good luck.
    Gus likes this.

Really? I thought the rental website said the studios were starting at $1024. I thought they looked really nice too, Mario.
    Last edited by Em5195; 05-24-2012 at 06:58 PM.

I'm just searching on the MLS. I don't know which rental website you are referring to. There may be a unit being privately rented by the owner themselves but as far as by a realtor those are the only active ones I see. Those can be cheaper at times as the owner is avoiding the cost of hiring a realtor and can afford to lower the rent. He/She may be sacrificing exposure, though, but they are willing to give it a shot.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

tmtheu97, thanks for offering to help and sharing the details on what's available in the building.

I also appreciate you following Miami Beach 411's guidelines regarding commercialized posting.

I hear the rents in Brickell are rising.

Based on your experience, do you think the $1,250 apartment at Opera is a little negotiable?

Hi Gus, every case is different. Some units may be for rent by the original developer and therefore may be more negotiable and others are by private owners who may not be able to afford to accept any less. I can call tomorrow and find out for you and post the answer here.
    Yes, Brickell is not only rising but many units do not last very long on the market there.

Gus, the realtor's phone went straight to voicemail each time after several attempts. She may be unavailable for the long weekend. I will keep trying and let you know when I hear something.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Thanks for keeping us posted. You're probably right about the realtor being away. This is may very well be the worst weekend of the month to look for real estate, which is a shame, because there are still a lot of regular folks who visit here, this weekend. Our tours are almost sold out every day, which leads me to believe there are people who want to see some apartments for rent/sale.

just got a text from her that it is under contract. Next one listed available is for $1,350 and after that it jumps to $1,750, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    You can have drug dealers for neighbors in very nice buildings in South Beach, so that's neither here nor there.
    Yes, but the ones that live in the nicer buildings tend to be discreet. I think some of the others would just as soon shoot you in the driveway.
    tmtheu97 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12