Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Looking for a studio in Miami Beach

New User

Default Looking for a studio in Miami Beach

Hello everyone!
    A friend of mine is looking for a rental studio in miami beach. His budget is max $800. I know I can go through the realtors, but I was wondering if anyone knows a unit locally, or suggest a person to call for rentals in miami beach? I appreciate your input.

Default Re: Looking for a studio in Miami Beach

it would be helpful to know what the studio will be used for. For example, if it is going to be used for music recording, that would likely need to be in a different zoned area than something like a photography studio, which could probably be done in a residentially zoned area.

Glenn

New User

Residential studio. He will be living in it.

Right now, $800 is not going to get you very far. The rental market is very strong and prices have gone up.

His best bet is to look on craigslist for apartments in that range and see what he can find. It will be very small, and unfurnished if he can find one for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Right now, $800 is not going to get you very far. The rental market is very strong and prices have gone up.

His best bet is to look on craigslist for apartments in that range and see what he can find. It will be very small, and unfurnished if he can find one for that price.

Hi, Currently there is nothing available for $800 in South Beach on the MLS. You'd have to go through those small buildings that are run by the mom & pop companies that rent them out themselves. Be careful which you choose and drive by it at night and on the weekends. Most allow anyone to move in and if you see someone with a Pitbull, then the building doesn't have an association which means shady tenants.

Also, Craigslist Miami is notorious for scams so do your homework. Research the public records for foreclosures or to see who really owns the unit. Make sure they aren't in pre-foreclosure either because then they are just pocketing your money and 1 day the Sheriff will show up and throw you out.

There are 3 units on the market for under $1,000 right now, one of which is on 15th & Lenox that just came available today. It allows small dogs and you must have clean background and good credit. Its about 500 Sq Ft.

There is another on 13th & Drexel that is only 277 Sq Feet but is only 1st & Security to move in, but same credit/background requirements and you can't move in until July 1st.

Good luck with your search......

I've been studio hunting also, and I doubt there's anything for 800 in SoBe. I know of one place on 16th St and Jefferson, that has spacious a studios for $850. There are places that are probably cheaper than 800, but, you might have drug dealers or tattooed ex convicts as neighbors, and the building will be falling down.

I'm not sure tattooed ex cons can afford $850 a month.

Is living off the beach an option? I know that's the sexiest part of Miami to live in, but sometimes one's budget must dictate otherwise. Plenty available in other areas in that range.

There actually are some available on the MLS now, just not the greatest. I noticed you just mentioned miami beach in general. 3621 COLLINS is going for $800 but it says in the broker's remarks that the elevator does not work and the building is being remodeled. 2000 BIARRITZ DR (which is a bit further north near 71st) for $750. 1995 BAY DR for $650. 7424 BYRON AVE at $825 if your friend can squeeze an extra 25 bucks from his budget. 7724 HARDING AVE, also at $825. A few more on the list, too. I can't tell you if you will be having neighbors like the ones Mario describes but there may be a good chance of that.
    Matt is right, you can find plenty more if your friend is willing to consider other areas.

Hi Cetacane,

There is a building on Ocean Dr, I believe 334 or 335 Ocean. It's on Ocean between third and fourth on the east side of the street. They have TINY furnished studios (by studio I mean rectangular room). I believe the units are around $800. There is a realtor's office on site in the building, and they can show it.

Careful though. Those areas up around 70-80 street are a serious pain to get to if you have to leave the Beach. It's not bad once you get there, but man the getting there can drive you nuts.

You can have drug dealers for neighbors in very nice buildings in South Beach, so that's neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    I'm not sure tattooed ex cons can afford $850 a month.

Is living off the beach an option? I know that's the sexiest part of Miami to live in, but sometimes one's budget must dictate otherwise. Plenty available in other areas in that range.
    Well, in the buildings I'm referring to, the rent has to be less. These apartments are too ugly to charge $850. Also, maybe the tattooed ex-cons live with their girlfriends or sleep on a ex-cellmate's couch.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tmtheu97 View Post
    There actually are some available on the MLS now, just not the greatest. I noticed you just mentioned miami beach in general. 3621 COLLINS is going for $800 but it says in the broker's remarks that the elevator does not work and the building is being remodeled. 2000 BIARRITZ DR (which is a bit further north near 71st) for $750. 1995 BAY DR for $650. 7424 BYRON AVE at $825 if your friend can squeeze an extra 25 bucks from his budget. 7724 HARDING AVE, also at $825. A few more on the list, too. I can't tell you if you will be having neighbors like the ones Mario describes but there may be a good chance of that.
    Matt is right, you can find plenty more if your friend is willing to consider other areas.
    3621 is somewhat unsavory and sketchy neighbors. The rest aren't in south beach.

1995 Bay Dr was rented by me last week :-)

Of course there are cheaper areas, but it's not sobe...like living by the arena when you want to live in brickell... Sobe is getting more expensive because the economy rebounded so quickly and everyone wants to live there again.

Hang in there and you'll get something decent for $875-$900 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    Hi Cetacane,

There is a building on Ocean Dr, I believe 334 or 335 Ocean. It's on Ocean between third and fourth on the east side of the street. They have TINY furnished studios (by studio I mean rectangular room). I believe the units are around $800. There is a realtor's office on site in the building, and they can show it.
    Its 335 ocean. They are 225-245 sq ft with a kitchenette. Very cute, but small. A lot are rented weekly so neighbors are always changing.

I rented one for $875 last week and it was the cheapest in a while there since economy started to turn. It's a year lease but it includes all utilities which is nice. Parking is difficult in SoFi though.

When exactly did the economy rebound? I haven't seen much improved employment figures for South Florida at all.

Foreclosures are down, but that may just be because there aren't many places left to be foreclosed on. I guess occumpancy is up, but that may be more of a function of lowered prices and renters than anything else.

Personally, until Miami's unemployment is under 10% I don't think we've seen any kind of "recovery."

Quote Originally Posted by tmtheu97 View Post

I went to see a place at 1021 Bay drive, in North Beach. The price is $700 and considering the area, it seemed perfect, but... it was tiny. It was basically a 11 x 14 room with a kitchenette, and a small closet and bathroom. Oh and they wanted first, last month and deposit.

Mario,

The rental market is pretty strong right now, so you'll see super high rents. Developers that were building condos to sell, decided to rent them a few years ago so there was a huge surplus of nice, new rentals but that's not the case anymore. What about mid beach?

Yeah, I've noticed a good amount of luxury buildings that didn't sell are now renting. I could see this happening way back in 2007.

I don't know that the high rents mean a rebounding economy or if it's just that all the people who were foreclosed on are crowding the rental market now since they need a new place to live.

We need a solid economist on here to contribute. Rk is good with facts and figures, but we need like an rk economist.
    Doug likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast