Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Lightbulb Guidance on where to live

Hi my name is teriza ... Me and my husband are planning to move to florida in april of 2013 butbwe havebno cluenwhat neighborhood to stay in so maybe u guys can help us out ill give you some details.

We are both young
    my husband has a 4 yr old but will not reside with us year round
    we like to go out and have a little fun but for the most part we like privacy and quiet no drama
    we would like to live very close to miami beaches but far away enough from the party life
    we have cars i will be in spa and beauty im a massage therapist and cosmetologist my husband will be looking for work maybe construction or something were not really sure what sorts of jobs it have available for that area or what sort of jobs he should be looking for if you can help with that ... That would be awesome
    were looking to spen between 1k -1.5k on rent a house or a trailer would be nice but were fine with an apartment also
    our for the most part were looking fir a small town that has space and is safe for a child to be able to enjoy and play out of the party/ city life but close by when we do wanna go out and our biggest issue is haveing fast and easy access to the beach and jobs

Any help would be so appreciated im trying to plan out everything then take a trip / vacation to set everything up for the move so ifill know exactly where to start looking would make this process so much easier

Im sorry for the long post i just wanted to be very detailed

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Default Re: Guidance on where to live

Hi teriza, welcome to Miami Beach 411. Thanks for posting your question here.

Given your requirements I think Miami Beach is the best place. The neighborhood is not all parying, like our reputation says. There are nice high-rise apartments on Alton Road that meet your requirements. The Collins Avenue area, between 50th and 95th street will also suit your needs.

You should also check out the Palmetto Bay in South Miami. The neighborhood has good schools and a family-friendly vibe.

Where are you moving from?

Are you planning to visit Miami, before moving here?

Palmetto Bay and South Miami are nice areas. But if you want to be close to the beach and have easy access to a lot of jobs, those are not good areas. Commuting from those places is REALLY far, and if you have the wrong hours it can ruin your experience here.

Miami Beach north of about 25th street would be ok. But you're going to be in an apartment unless you go north to about 70th and beyond. Surfside is nice too. Although those areas are very inconvenient to the freeway. So unless you end up working in the Beach too, you're again in for an unpleasant commute.

At your price range, an apartment is about all you're going to find in Miami if you want to be in a decent area. And in the Beach, you'll again have to go further north to find stuff in that range.

Construction jobs have seriously waned here over the past few years. Massage therapy and spa stuff, plenty of jobs here.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Hi teriza, welcome to Miami Beach 411. Thanks for posting your question here.

Given your requirements I think Miami Beach is the best place. The neighborhood is not all parying, like our reputation says. There are nice high-rise apartments on Alton Road that meet your requirements. The Collins Avenue area, between 50th and 95th street will also suit your needs.

You should also check out the Palmetto Bay in South Miami. The neighborhood has good schools and a family-friendly vibe.

Where are you moving from?Are you planning to visit Miami, before moving here?

Thanks for the info its greatly appreciated ...ill be moving from louisiana .... Ive been to miami twice when i was younger and always said this is where i wanna live ....i do plan on taking a trip that why i asked for this info so ill know the right places to look at instead of trying to figure out that out once im there so i could we could look at some jobs hopefully get one and we will make our move asap afterwards

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    Palmetto Bay and South Miami are nice areas. But if you want to be close to the beach and have easy access to a lot of jobs, those are not good areas. Commuting from those places is REALLY far, and if you have the wrong hours it can ruin your experience here.

Miami Beach north of about 25th street would be ok. But you're going to be in an apartment unless you go north to about 70th and beyond. Surfside is nice too. Although those areas are very inconvenient to the freeway. So unless you end up working in the Beach too, you're again in for an unpleasant commute.

At your price range, an apartment is about all you're going to find in Miami if you want to be in a decent area. And in the Beach, you'll again have to go further north to find stuff in that range.

Construction jobs have seriously waned here over the past few years. Massage therapy and spa stuff, plenty of jobs here.

Thanks for the advice is greatly anything helps ... Far as commute does that go even if you a vehicle. Im pretty used of far commute i traveled back and forth to school everyday for an hour to hour an a half some days for a year straight ... Is it worst than that?

Hi Tspitcher,

The thing with our commutes is that, not only are they long, but you'll also have a sweltering sun above some days. And pray that your AC doesn't go out of commission.