Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default What are some nice apartment buildings with elevated parking?

Ok, So I fell in love with Miami. I am hoping to relocate there in September. I need to know what apartment complexes offer elevated secure parking? I also need advice as to what neighborhoods would be safe? Basically I require a 1 bedroom apartment in a safe neighborhood within 25 minutes of Miami beach. 1k per month is my max rent. I would like to be able to park my suv on the 2nd or 3rd level of the building. Also, what areas in Miami are not flood prone? The rental property does not have to be highrise, but I am basically looking for a nice place that offers parking at a slightly elevated level. All info would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: What are some nice apartment buildings with elevated parking?

Well, basically you'd be looking for an apartment building with a garage thats on the third floor or higher. The perfect person to anwer this question is Joe, since he also had the same parking requirement. For $1000 per month you might have a difficult time though.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi Miaskies,

Welcome to Miami Beach 411. Thanks for posting your question.

I think South Beach is your best option. I just read the rents in Brickell have increased 13% this year.

Rental rates for Brickell area condos continue to escalate as demand exceeds inventory.Denise Sicuso, managing broker at Esslinger Wooten Maxwell's downtown-Brickell branch, said the average rental rate went up 13% from the end of 2010 to the end of 2011, from $2,067 a month to $2,239.
    http://www.miamitodaynews.com/news/120510/story1.shtml

That being said, anywhere in Miami, finding a one bedroom apartment with parking for $1,000 a month may be difficult. You might be able to find something in Little Havana, but I don't know about any of the apartmetns building there.

FYI, during a hurricane warning, the City of Miami Beach opens the public garages up to residents parking.

Any building with a 2nd or 3rd floor parking lot with be a bit on the expensive side. If its parked o the street, I would worry more about someone breaking a window and stealing your CDs than about flooding.

Flooding is really bad in Sweetwater, parts of Kendall and South Beach surprisingly.

Yeah any building with a parking garge that goes up that high is going to be a highrise, and likely out of your price range. You can look around Little Havana and maybe the downtown Dadeland area (Kendall) and see if maybe you can find a deal. But for 1K that elevated parking thing is probably not gonna happen.

Now, if you could swing a 2 BR and find a roommate, you might be able to find somewhere in like the northern part of Mid-Beach and definitely in Little Havana. But 1 BRs anywhere decent here are in the $1200 range.

New User

Thanks Everyone. @Mario, Yes, I am well aware of the vagrants that live around the northern part of Miami beach. They broke in my vehichle and stole our navigation and radar even though they wete under the seats. I know I was probably victimuzed because of out of state tags. This is another reason I need secure parking. If not elevated, can anyone recomend a good complex that has gated or secured parking. I would like Names and areas of buildings if possible, as the rental websites are a bit hard to weed through.

I think Aventura and/or Hallandale might have the price range you're looking for in a high rise building with elevated parking. Try using those terms on craigslist and see what comes up.