Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Obtaining Rx from a doctor?

Anyone have a suggestion on how to go about getting a new Rx written without spending a fortune? I have no health insurance, and i really do NOT want to pay a 150.00 office visit fee at an urgent care clinic, to simply get a doc to write me a new Rx for a maintenance cholesterol medication. I would bet they would not simply write the Rx without doing a whole new set of blood tests, etc.... and i don't need all that. I just need a new Rx written so I can continue to buy the meds.

anyone know of any doctors or clinics that might fit the bill for this, without me having to pay a high 'urgent care' fee? thanks!

Default Re: obtaining Rx from a doctor

Can your old Dr call In the prescription to your local pharmacy? Thats what I have done before.

Default Re: obtaining Rx from a doctor

thanks jess, yes, i could try that - but since i no longer have insurance, and haven't seen him for over a year, i have no idea if he would do that over the phone, since i'm not really his patient any more. i've kinda been trying to avoid that, so i thought i'd post and see what info i might be able to find out, first.

oh and i need a prescription on paper, for a 3X; because i get it mail order, not from a local pharmacy -- that costs three times as much.... i can get it online for LESS than what my old copay was.