Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Looking to relocate from Los Angeles to Miami

Default Re: Looking to relocate from Los Angeles to Miami

Yes, It's my birthday! I get a guaranteed day off , and a second one because it falls on a holiday.

Happy Birthday Housemusic!! Cake and fireworks on the same day, not bad!

Does everyone get their birthday off?

Yes Matt. We get one day off for our B'day which we can take on the exact date or another day. Mine coincides with a holiday so I won't be working tomorrow!

Belated HB !

As FL is a " right to work" state, you don't often see these priviledges.

I've also had my BD off with pay, as well as a "Summer Week." off, on top of the employment agreement.
    My wife also has a summer week from her Miami office. It might just be industry based. Nevertheless, she and ms abandoned me this week and went to Colombia.

I wouldn't doubt your employment benefits change with the move. I'd dbl ck to make sure. Medical providers are waaaaaay below CA standards. I'd do some homework on that topic as well before the move.

I had Kaiser, which doesn't exist in FL. Though I bitched about them at the tiime, I sure miss them now. It took me almost nine years to figure out a plan.

Doug might have been right about Orlando having a personality of an Olive Garden. My hospital/medical center epitomizes that sentiment best. There is a 3 story gym in the hospital with that Tuscan feel. Doesn't exist in Miami.
    Last edited by Blackford Oakes; 07-06-2012 at 11:20 AM.

I have summer Fridays throughout the summer... every Friday off I think it is a Miami thing, as I know others who also have this perk. It's to do with it being low season here. And so dam hot!

rk

Quote Originally Posted by housemusic View Post
    Mario,
    I noticed that area does not have much. However, a new Publix is opening accross the street from Canyon Ranch. At least I won't go hungry :-)
    I'm also looking at The Crown condos located at 4041 Collins. Old building but fully renovated with beach access. The 1 bd runs under
    $ 2000.

Blackford,
    You warned me, but I rather be employed in Miami than collecting unemployment in LA.
    It's tough to find a good job these days. it's even tougher to score a rich boyfriend when you're over 40...so I have no choice ;-)
    They say 40 is the new 29...

Akoya is a better class of building than Crown, though the latter is in a somewhat more convenient location. Crown is an apartment building, though renovated in 2007. Either one you'll find yourself driving most places.

Cosmopolitan that Christy mentioned is a better location all around, more so that you plan to work on 5'th. It's not my favorite building, a bit too big and institutional, but does have pool and parking. The last few 1/1 rentals there went for $2000, $1900, $1950, $2000 so it is in range provided you're patient and willing to negotiate.

Thanks for the comments rk!
    I am in LA so it is hard to view the finer details online, but overall, the location of The Crown and The Akoya are fine for me.
    Keep in mind I already drive everywhere, so this is not an inconvenience. However, I want direct beach access, i.e. down the elevator, walk out to the beach, come back and jump in the pool!
    I looked at Cosmopolitan (online), looks gorgeous but not for me.
    Please let me know if you think of other nice (new or renovated) buildings along Collins, all the way up to the 71st Causeway.
    I really like Akoya, but they have some amenities I do not need which is why I looked at Crown (lower cost as well).
    Take care.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345