Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmallory

Thread: New thoughts on relocating

Default New thoughts on relocating

Hello everyone! I've been absent for a while, but i wanted to give you an update on my trip to Miami. I went last month and I had a wonderful time. I wanted this trip to be an eye opener on whether or not I could and would live in South Florida. The answer was yes, absolutely!
    Although I mingled with fellow Miamians and met a lot of cool people, I am so glad that I made this trip because now I have a much more realistic view on moving. I'm still applying for jobs and researching grad schools, such as Barry University. I never had the colorful dreams of moving to Miami and living the live of luxury like a lot of people do. I know it's going to be hard work trying to get things together and making the move. It might take up to a year for me to make that move. I'm no stranger to hard and I'm going to work hard to make this happen. I've also become a lot more open to Hollywood and Ft. Lauderdale as well.
    I really appreciate all the advice and suggestions over the last couple months. They have been extremely helpful! Until I make my permanent move, I will be making frequent trips to South Florida.
    Last edited by jmallory; 07-22-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Default Re: New thoughts on relocating

Glad to hear you're actually doing some research. Keep us posted via questions and whatnot and we'll try and steer you in the right direction as your move beco0mes closer. It's a tough decision to make, and often one that often leads some in some interesting directions. Good luck and remember to keep thinking sensibly.

It is so important to visit before you move, try out different areas and keep an open mind about where you can live. I think Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale are great choices if you get a job at Barry. I love those areas and would definitely live in both those places.

How was your single girls trip btw? Did you end up going out at all?

Actually the next time I come down, I'll probably stay in Hollywood I think. I'm also open to Boca as well.

@jess I actually had a little mini "date" with someone I met in Miami Beach. We spent some time on Ocean Dr. I passed Mangos a couple of times, but I didn't go in.
    dylan likes this.

I love Hollywood beach it is a really nice place and every thing is pretty close by especially if you have a car.

good luck to you.... i did a similar process, over a time period of 4 years; in the final year of that timeframe i rented an apartment here for just over a month, so i got a good idea of what it would be like to live here as opposed to just vacationing, and that made a HUGE difference in my understanding of the area. The year after that, when i did finally make the move, i was ready; been here just over a year now and while things aren't always smooth sailing, i've had no real problems or issues cause i had saved up for several years, and knew what to expect... best of luck to you and fwiw I do think you're definitely doin it the right way.....

Thanks again! Actually if everything goes well with getting accepted to one of the universities in Miami, I'll probably be there in For the next school year... Maybe semester. I'm keeping my options open, and I'm still applying for jobs. I'll probably be in South Florida in October, most likely to do some interviews for school, so we'll see.

Which schools are you applying to again?

I'm applying for the Masters of Social Work program at Barry University... Possible FIU as well.