Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Smile Can you name high rises with nice apartments?

Hi guys,

I'm from Berlin, Germany planning to move to Miami for 2 years to do my Master's degree at UM or FIU (not sure yet).
    Budget: ~ 1.500 USD/month for a one-bedroom
    Hobbies: meeting interesting people/nice girls, party, soccer, gym, learning spanish (can do simple conversations).

I'm running an online business so i'm usually pretty busy during the day which means i need an area with everything in reach (supermarkets, restaurantes etc.).

I have read Brickell is nice but has more older people (>28) and in Miami Beach 1500 bucks won't buy you a nice apartment. Is that correct?
    Any other suggestions? Could you please name a few high rises with nice apartments?

thanks

Default Re: 23yr old from Europe

HI,

Brickell has lots of those requirements in walking distance and would fit your lifestyle ncely. However, $1500 will be hard to get you a nice 1 bedroom in a high rise building. A lot of the $1500 or less range would be a true New York City type loft (meaning exposed ceilings, no walls) or a studio. However it would offer you lots to do (roof top pools, gym, club room, valet parking for guests). Infinity Brickell, Neo Vertika would be two types building and there are buildings downtown (near Brickell) that offer this as well (Loft I & II). They also all have Central A/C and Washer & Dryer in unit.

$1400-$1500 would get you a nice 1 bedroom in South Beach. Everything is Walking distance, lots of great parks, close to beach, and partying if you want it & quiet when you don't. There is always something going on in South Beach and you can stroll down Ocean Dr for a $4 breakfast or $1 pizza on washington Ave.

I specialize in rentals in South Beach/North Beach & Brickell, so feel free to Message me your information and I'll help you find what you are looking for. I live in South Beach now and have in the past and love it here. I'd like to live in Brickell one day, but there are so many fees to pay at move in and lots of rules as well as difficult for pet owners to enjoy themselves (20 minutes to walk the dog).

Good luck!

New User

Default Re: Can you name high rises with nice apartments?

Thank you very much for this informative post, really appreciate it!

Could you maybe name some nice apartment buildings in south beach? I've come across the Flamingo Towers but heard some bad things about them. What do you think?

Regarding Brickell I have read its populated mostly by cliquey South Americans that make it hard to get to know people. Of course it always depends on your personality too. I just dont want to be seen as the weird german guy everytime i'm at a bar.

Default Re: Can you name high rises with nice apartments?

Hi Alex,

Considering your hobbies, I'd say move to South Beach. But since you said you'd be studying at either UM or FIU I don't think that commute from the beach would be fun on a regular basis. If you decide to study at UM I would suggest South Miami or Coral Gables simply because it's close.

Granted, South Beach would fit your lifestyle much better. Meeting new people, girls, encountering open-mindedness, plenty of partying, gyms, learning Spanish. All that is possible at the beach, even though I would strongly advise against the Flamingo. That's a loud place to live at, with too many party people around. In general, living in South Beach if you like partying, I would advise to be careful not to get too much sucked into the party-scene. Lots of regular drug use in those circles which you'll find yourself in the midst of if you don't pay attention.

If I was you I would first figure out if it'll be UM or FIU, and base my location on the ease of the commute. I don't know about you, but I value practicality above MANY things.

Many of my male friends from Germany are total soccer fanatics. For them, living close enough to where they can play soccer would be definitely high on the list.

My guess is that Brickell could actually work for you. Even though there's mainly groups of South Americans living there, I have found them to be extremely welcoming (and I don't know why) to Germans as myself. It's just that hispanic people tend to switch back and forth from English to Spanish - simply because it's in our nature to do so when we're bilingual - and that alone can easily make a non-spanish speaker feel excluded from the group. I think I started learning and truly understanding Spanish when I consciously made an effort to listen to every word being spoken. And since you'd like to learn Spanish - that could be good practice for you.

Viel Glück!