Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Apartments near FIU South campus

Hello all:
    I am looking for apartments near FIU-university park campus as i am going to be working there. Are there any good apartment communities for a 1 bedroom or studio apartment. my budget is ~1000-1050 without utilities. I am thinking utilities (water and electricity) would run around 100-150 per month (am i right?) Does any body have any opinions about vista verde and fountainbleu apartments? are there any other decent apartment complexes/options other than these two within roughly 4-5 miles of the campus. I am looking to rent from sept, 2012. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: apartments near FIU south campus

Hi N to M, welcome to the forums.

Idont know the area very well as I live on the beach. My advice would veto start looking at Craigslist in that area. I am sure you will find something great for way under $1000 as rents on the beach are that figure and that's the expensive side of town, so out by FIU will be less.
    Water is usually included in all rentals so you are only looking at electric. It can range between $50 - $75 depending on how much AC you like to use.

New User

Thanks Jess. I was looking at some of the craigslist listings-but was wondering if there are any living options where i would not share a common wall with the landlords. Any good apartment communities in $1000 price range with reasonable commute would be great. Good to know electric wont go past $100. I like moderate AC but was not sure how much it would go to (moving from north east).

Oh, I'm not sure what price Jess is quoting you there, but I've had power bills in excess of $185 a month for a 2 BR apartment. this was with 3 people living there, A/C and a dryer. But in the summmer, if you have laundry in your apartment it's rare to be out under $100. That said, your originally budgeted utility range should still suffice.

Fountainbleau is kinda dump. I mean it's not TERRIBLE, but it's got it's scuzzy side too. There are a ton of complexes around there. I think the best advice would be to come down here and maybe stay in a weekly rental while you look around the area for good apartments. We can tell you or you can look at reviews online, but you're gonna have no idea until you come visit.

I should add that I am a girl weighing just over 100lbs and Matt is a boy weighing probably twice that... so our AC needs are different! Which means our electric bills are not the same. Plus I don't have a dryer in my apartment.